Speaker Advice?

The one I’ve been using for nearly 15 years is breaking down. My even older set isn’t much better. From what I’ve seen, there are plug in speakers, usb ports, and wireless types. My mom’s trying to talk me into buying a sound bar. I’m not sure what to get.

Get a headset.

If you want just a basic speaker system, Logitech Z313 are pretty decent and you can get them for around 35 bucks. Setup is simple, just plug into the jack on the back of your computer.

You mean headphones (sorry dumb question)? I have those but try to save them for talking with people. I also need something to watch videos.

I ended up getting the sound bar, but thanks for the advice.

I hope you didn’t buy a bargin bin special soundbar, as most of those are bad. I guess it’s fine if you don’t really care for the sound and just needed something basic.

By videos, do you mean just watching vlogs, commentary, etc. on YouTube, or movies?

Soundbars generally aren’t ideal for desktop use close up. I guess they’re something, but you probably could’ve done better.

I’d mostly just stay clear of those soundbars below $50 on Amazon and such. Anything else from a reputable company would probably be fine for basic videos, but I’d make sure you find a way to angle it up towards your ears(if the speakers on the front aren’t on an angle already) for the best results, if listening up close.

If you absolutely need to have a soundbar while also not spending a lot of money, Vizio seems to be better on the lower end of the soundbar market from what I’ve seen, unless you don’t have space for those soundbars around 30 inches.

1 Like