Southshore brawl should not exist - QA fail

Why is the scene being rendered if I’m looking in the complete opposite direction?

This is a screen shot of a single random test for image testing/rendering/converting, but not actual processing of data/API calls/Database performance etc.

Not saying Linux doesn’t have it’s perks, but running in Linux with Vulkan/Wine w/e isn’t going to make a drastic performance increase, even more so since you’re adding another variable to the environment. On top of that, nobody is going to run something like that for a client pc lol

Even if graphics are set to 1 the issue still occurs for the players, it’s huge amounts of lag. Client machines may have issues and that’s ok, but the servers still struggle. It’s not just an FPS issue but an overall server lag.

Think about the world lag you get when a multiboxer or a huge raid comes into your zone. You might have 0 FPS lag but your game itself is jittering, rubber banding, delayed etc…it’s not a client PC issue it’s the server handling a large amount of calls being made.

These are just a few of the reasons why they have sharding/layering involved now. Not just to help with any faction imbalance (because it’s a joke at fixing that specific issue), but also because of zone lagging from large amounts of players in a specific zone.

This is likely why Blizzard has been doing their stress tests on the beta for Classic to ensure the mass amounts of players in a single zone won’t experience too much lag during launch.

This game engine simply cannot handle that many players in a single zone, specially when it’s 80 people spamming multiple abilities.

TM an instanced zone and we’re not getting more than an allocated size of players. Again, turn settings down to 1 keep tweaking settings. This is a client issue.

Other slew of tests provide how much of a gap Linux has on system performance compared to Windoze below:

phoronix com/scan.php?page=article&item=windows-1903-threadripper&num=1

People run client PCs like that all the time. Mac also has similar benefits to CPU scheulding as Linux.

Vulkan gives massive increases to draw call and better cpu utilization. Linux gives better usage of CPU resources. There’s definitely performance differences in WoW. Valve is using Proton and getting perf increases at times for a reason.

Why indeed.

There is a tweet, which you liked, that literally said it’s an issue on them and they are looking into it. Granted, it’s for Ashran but still, same goes for this BG

Going from WoD to Legion resulted in client side performance problems. Blizz fixed it by reducing the rendering distance. Similarly “…has to do with spell performance mainly” doesn’t mean the problem isn’t going to be addressed by client updated nor does it mean there isn’t a client side issue that can be tweaked.

And another quote. There’s a lot of situations of lag caused by the game itself, which is out of the players hands. Even they recognize that.

1 Like

Nazjatar and Mechagon are more akin to classic TM/XR. There isn’t a hard cap similar to TM BG of 40v40 or Ashran instanced PVP. As Zaxn mentioned there are mechanisms to address situations outside the world such as sharding etc.

Apples to oranges comparison.

I stand by my statement: turn down settings to 1 and problems disappear in TM in instanced BG. Turn down settings to 1 in World PVP and you’ll still have problems (ie server issues at that point).

My settings are down. Still lags. No other lag in any other bg so it’s not my computer.

Blizz keeps forcing me to queue for it also.

It’s also great for modern games, but not a 16 year old one?!

It’s the game with it’s spaghetti code and need-of-rewrite rotten innards.

1 Like

The most recent update we had was to even DX11 for those who are using old Nvidia cards (ie people complaing in this thread). DX12 benefits those who have the hardware depending on the situation.

Full hardware specs/OS build?

Couldn’t tell ya. My bf deals with all that

1 Like

For all we know then you’re not running a multi-engine API and using a dual core and should experienec lag.

No lag anywhere else, any other 40 man. I’d say it’s not me.

Not even Ashran?

No but only did a few.

Ashran should be just as slow as TM if not slower. They both have similar problems.

Hasn’t been for me. I think that’s due to not all 40 bunched in the field.

People are bunched up in 40v40 with NPCs in the mix. Ashran is worse than TM and performance should reflect that.

Most matches have people off getting artifact frags and toys. Like I said though, only done a few.