Sound glitching in Nazjatar

My sound glitches on certain areas of nazjatar… Asked a guild mate and they are having the same problem. It’s pretty bad, most sound effects randomly stop popping, sometimes they pop half etc. Once I leave the glitched area it appears to return normal. Only happens in nazjatar, havent noticed it in the mechagnome area…

2 Likes

Same here, other guildies having problems too.

Im having same exact issue. Ambiance and music are fine…its sounds that are crackling out sometimes.

Same here its only in Nazjatar everywhere else is perfectly fine.

I was having the same issue. What may work is adding this CVar to your Config file:

SET Sound_NumChannels “128”

To do that completely close out of game then navigate to the main Wow folder. Then retail folder > WTF folder then open the Config file with notepad.

At the bottom of the list copy/paste the CVar above or type it exactly as shown. Close Notepad then save change.

(This may not work for all systems in particular those with lower quality sound. The good news is I have seen this issue in the past and it gets Blizzards attention.)

Same here.

Hi there friends,

Thanks for taking the time to report this. I have opened up some tracking and will get this sent up to help out. In the mean time, if the sound channel fix does not work, please post back with a DxDiag.

This command should also work in game.

/console set sound_numChannels 128
DxDiag instructions (click to expand)
  1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and then press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file something you can remember and click Save.

To add it to your reply here:

1. Open the text file and copy all of the text.
  2. Paste the text in your reply.
  3. Highlight all of the text and click </> on the post editor.

Note: If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can break it up into two posts, or post it on Pastebin and provide the numbers/letters after the .com in your reply.

We hope to have news soon!

/Nathardrick

A post was split to a new topic: Cbegsdh disable GCD woosh noise

In System/Sound settings, my sound channels was set to “custom”. I changed to High (64) and apparently it fixed the issue. I played with an alt not long ago and I remembered picking pearls and killing crabs (quests from the war campaign) would bug the sound on my main. Havent happened on the alt.

A second issue appeared however. Previous sounds that I muted by making a empty .ogg file (for example the demon hunter’s HYUAAAH when he dashes, mimiron head bzzzt sound etc) now are playing again… But maybe this is unrelated… Idk…

Edit: oh, and another thing, I never messed with the sound channel settings. It got to “custom” by reasons unknown to me

Porradaman,

That second issue is unrelated to this one, but here’s information on it. Short version - we changed some things about the game client and as an unintended consequence, the ability to mute sounds was temporarily disabled. There are new LUA script options in the latest builds of the game which will allow you to do this again, however, we don’t support this directly in tech. I recommend going to the UI/Macro forums linked above for information on it, and if you need help muting them, you can ask a question on those forums.