Soulstone question

is there some obligation to cast SS on the tank or something? lol.
I just ran a TW run and literally not one single player spell was in the chat box EXCEPT I noticed my Soulstone was listed in chat the second I cast it AND it made sure to show that I cast it on ME. lmao.
What in gods name would be the purpose of someone doing that?

EDIT…and it does show the character name of whos running whatever addon it is to show the spell in chat.

As a rule, I generally hold on to the Soulstone and, at least in Raids, tend to only use it if a Tank or, sometimes, a Healer needs it.
Having said that, I’ve never played M+, so, maybe, SS expectations might be different.

1 Like

yeah, just a TW dungeon, lol…which Im having a very hard time believing that a tank or whoever was literally concerned in a TW run about who was casting SS on whom, lol.

edit…im nearly always voted Most Likely to Die, so I figure i may as well SS myself, lmao

1 Like

In raids you mostly put it on a healer for wipe recovery to save time on run backs and m+ you generally throw it on someone (also healer) because the cooldown is reset when the key starts.

The chat thing is an addon some people use. I wouldn’t pay too much attention to it.

1 Like

when i do use it on someone else, yeah, always the healer.
lately ive just been casting it on myself because I seem like Im going to be targeted by mechanix for some reason. lol. Must be my breath lmao

There are 3 rules for SS i think:

1. Cast it on yourself if you are the only bress in the pt (if you die everyone is toasted)
  2. Cast it on healer if there are multiple bresses in the pt
  3. Cast it on tank if you see he’s about to die and the whole pack or boss will turn to you
2 Likes

:rofl:
“damn why isnt this instant cast???”

1 Like

I could of swear that you can use ss prior to starting a mythic key but it will still trigger a cd once used regardless.

Dont think you get a free soulstone use out of it just because we stored it on someone before starting the mythic+ run.

Can someone check me on this?

All cds above 2 min reset when you start a M+

Always precast it on yourself unless it’s a coordinated raid (basically a nonpug) or mythic+. In mythic+ the cooldown doesn’t get triggered, but the buff can only exist on a single member at a time.

When it’s on someone that’s not you, priority is usually healer>tank>big d!k dps>anyone else

It’s just an addon that shows when it’s casted and who its casted on

Just odd that the ONLY spell showing in chat…the ONLY one…was my soul stone.
Ive seen addons that do that 1000 times…and its always showing a lot of spells…but this guy literally seems to have focused on the SS…I didnt know that was even a thing.

Many Warlocks have been asking to have Soulburn to give us this!

1 Like