Soulbinds Got Alot Better!

So Soulbinds are alot better right now with the latest Blue Post:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-conduits-update/596481

This is a HUGE step in the right direction. Soulbinds will now be per spec, so if I have 3 soulbinds deck out for Fire Mage I can have different paths when I swap to frost mage.

Now my only concern is the Covenant Abilities. I still think they should be their own talent row. Other than Covenant Abilities I don’t have any fears with Shadowlands.

2 Likes

Yes, this change is great and I’m glad they are still not letting people change them on the fly as that would ruin instanced content for a large chunk of the player base as it would be forced upon us due to meta. Great decisions blizzard by making this system more player friendly without forcing meta changes upon the majority of us whom do not wish for it.

I’m just glad I can set up my soulbinds per each spec. And I can freely swap the individual soulbinds in a rest area.

1 Like

Well yeah, it’s better but it’s not really helping that Soulbinds and Conduits are expected to “fix” classes while Blizz is using a sledgehammer for their class changes.

Myself and other people who aren’t game developers were saying that Soulbinds not using an Essence-like system for Conduits was bad.

1 Like

Why do you need to be a game designer to have opinions and or ideas about a game? why is this appeal to authority such a prevalent issue right now?

I don’t need an english degree to write my own book.
You don’t need to be a carpenter to do home repairs.
You don’t need to be a “game designer” to have good ideas about a video game you like.

kudos to you for recognizing a problem.

2 Likes

I mean I would just prefer not to have systems. But I can work and deal with conduits and soulbinds being like this.

1 Like

On its face looks like a good change!