Soul swap.. hotfixed but is it really fixed?

With the much appreciated efforts to fix the many bugs of soul swap with yesterday’s hot fixes I just wanted to make an update post addressing some of the issues that are still plaguing the spell.

1. soul swap / soul swap exhale still dont work in focus macros (the previous iteration didn’t either)
    This is a big issue for just having smooth gameplay in PvP.

2. targets affected by Soul swapped soul rot debuffs don’t get drained. Probably just oversight, but would be nice to see fixed.

3. the previous iteration of soul swap was just straight up better for affliction lock in PvP than the current iteration purely due to applying dots instantly… a fix for this I personally would love to see come back is making soulburn affect soul swap like it used to, where soul burning a soul swap applied corruption agony and ua.

Lastly a big “Thank you!” to whoever it is at blizzard that clearly saw/heard all the posts here about soul swap!! Hopefully we see some more of these issues sorted soon!!

My soul swap is on a 3 day cd… can’t even talent swap it out now.

You and me both. Somehow with every patch the spell gets worse or more broken without fail.

3 day cooldown here too, (well now 2) but, same, anything I want to run now is going to have to be as a different spec because you cannot play affliction effectively without it.

I was able to reset the cooldown by joining an Arena Skirmish. It was back to the expected 30 seconds after leaving as well (and reapplying it on a target dummy)

4 day cooldown on soul swap WTF BLIZZ

1 Like