Soul shard weak aura

I have been trying to find a Weak Aura that is not a bar but something that lights up when I have 5 shards. I was wondering if anyone in the community found something like this?

Do you mean just a simple weak aura button that only lights up as soon as you hit 5 shards? Or do you mean an icon that shows the stack count of your shards, and then lights up when you’re at 5?

I’m not great with weak auras, but I made a quick one of each for you to try. I’m kind of guessing what you’re looking for, so if neither of these are it, then I hope someone else is able to assist you better; you may also want to try in the UI & Macros forum.

I am not trust level 3 so I can’t include direct links, sorry! Just copy/paste the wago link in your website address bar instead!!

Invisible icon that only lights up when you hit 5 shards:
https://wago.io/mlGbrYZOP
https://wago.io/rle_weLt2 (same weak aura, but it plays a sound when you hit 5 shards as well).

Icon with shard stack counter that also lights up when you hit 5 shards:
https://wago.io/nL0TsfOtr
https://wago.io/gPpVj7e8b (same weak aura, but it plays a sound when you hit 5 shards as well).

I don’t know what your UI looks like, so the positioning will probably be off for your taste, and the icon may be too small or large for you. If you’re comfortable making the adjustments yourself, go crazy, otherwise let me know and I can try to help out as much as I can.

If you aren’t comfortable making adjustments yourself, here are a few to tweak if you’d like some aesthetic changes:

If you want to disable the glow at 5 shards - on the first weak aura (so the basic icon just appears when you hit 5 shards), go into the display tab for the WA, scroll down to the bottom and uncheck “Show Glow”. On the second weak aura, open the drop down menu for the group, go into Shards 2.0 > display tab, scroll down to the bottom and uncheck “Show Glow”. Alternately, you can simply just right click on Shards 2.0 and delete that sub folder safely without affecting the icon that displays the stack count.

If you just want to disable the sound - on the first weak aura, go into the actions tab for the WA, and uncheck ‘Play Sound’. On the second weak aura, open the drop down menu for the group, go into Shards 2.0 > actions tab > uncheck ‘Play Sound’. Also, if you DO like the idea of having a sound to alert you, you can also check out the other sound options in the same section through the drop down list featured there.

Position and size settings can be found in the Display tab of either weak aura.

(Apologies if you already knew how to do this, just covering any bases I can think of! I’m headed off to bed now, so I won’t be able to check back until later tonight.)

Anyways, hope this is kind of close to what you’re looking for… good luck!

Edit - holy lord this was way longer than I planned. :grimacing:
Also… not gonna lie… I liked this idea enough that I’m going to use one for myself, lol.

6 Likes

Wowee this is amazing! I crashed last night and have not been able to get on until now. Definitely wanted to thank you for putting the time in on this. I did not think to add sound either and gonna be using that one for sure.

1 Like

Happy to help! I tried the sound option for myself and liked having the audio cue (it’s so easy to miss that you’re at 5 shards), so I thought I’d include it in case it was something that you’d also find helpful.

Hope one of them works out for you!

2 Likes

I just needed to add: Thank you for this! I was so happy to find this specific one had been made, it works perfectly for me. I’m maining Affliction now, it’s such a high spec for Nathria, and I wanted a reminder for 5 soul shards because I’m a bit slow with noticing and am wasting my malefic raptures, my main damage source, when I have full soul shards and aren’t using it. And I agree with the sound - it’s perfect, a soft reminder when I’m so focused I don’t even notice the icon. I used it last night and now I’m trained that when I hear that sound, immediately use malefic rapture.

To summarize: thank you for this fantastic weakaura! It should be built into the basic WeakAuras for Warlocks imo.

1 Like

Thank you for taking the time to do this. I deleted the first one and kept the second one and made it a small size to fit in my 5th shard slot so it flashes and yells at me when I am at 5 shards. Thank you again.

1 Like

You’re both very welcome! I’m so glad you guys found them helpful. :relaxed: