Sorry your not a DH. Kiting Meta. LF DH tank

Well what do you expect from us when our entire spec is revolved around healing ourselves and being amazing at kiting? The only way to knock us off our throne is to redesign us completely (which Blizzard said they didn’t really want to do that for any class) or fix the problem with having to kite.

Umm if you are doing 15’s+ there is def a kiting meta, and it’s not even about the ability to kite or run away. With DH it’s literally the ability to instantly escaped loads of dmg almost instantly on a 10sec CD. That’s the biggest advantage. Another is that Shield tanks literally HAVE TO FACE the mobs they are tanking otherwise we take increased DMG, we can’t parry, we can’t block. So Running away as a shield tank forces you to turn around and take really heavy DMG, that is a fact. DH/Bear/Brew don’t have this issue b/c they have constant mitigation and don’t reply on blockin/parry with shield.

3 Likes

No, it does not. You can run away at nearly full speed without exposing your back and losing block or parry chance, just by strafing at faint diagonals or briefly turning just before (usually nameplate-tracked) attacks.

So long as they’re coming from within the front 180 degrees of your character (if not slightly more lenient), you’re fine.

2 Likes

If you need to full on kite in 15s for most pulls, there is something wrong with your rotation and cd usage.

One can run away as a tank at full speed without giving ones back.

Just strafe away, same as you would while kiting and casting. Or, similar concept.

Yea well holy pally is also screwing up other healers like resto. You screw up someone spec other will screw yours.

You aren’t making any sense here…the only time I would be running away is to remove stacks of something but it’s tough for Prot paladins b/c I need to turn my back for full speed this makes me take more dmg…how is strafing going to remove stacks of (insert disease/affix/spell) if I am being constantly hit and stuff is reapplying??

Bud, I said, “if you are doing 15’s+ there is def a kiting meta, and it’s not even about the ability to kite or run away.” I was talking about DH’s and how advantageous they are to pally’s…yeah no duh if you have to kite for every pull you’re doing something wrong.

Your two comments contradict each other. Which one is it, is there a kiting meta or isnt there. There is no kiting meta in +15s; higher keys yes, but not in 15s.

Lol they certainly don’t…are you not reading them, I was responding to your comment? There is a kiting meta, meaning kiting is a required responsibility of the tank. Otherwise, Blizzard wouldn’t have made affixes like Necrotic?? What are you talking about?
So you face tank at +15’s with Necrotic b/c you don’t believe in kiting over +15’s? Cool! I just think Paladins need more mobility.

Kiting and disenaging are completely differnt tactics. I disengage at 30 stacks of necrotic to drop it and go back in. Or if groups can use utilities, I stay in.

You move just as quickly, say, strafing to your right (where your right takes you directly away from the enemy) as turning your back to the enemy and W’ing in that direction.

The only different (read: slower) movement speed is backpedaling via default S.

On paper, I get what you mean, but in reality, it doesn’t really work out as well b/c the mobs follow you super closely and at high speeds. So they are constantly hitting you & applying w/e disease/effect. So in order to get max speed, you need to haul a$$ the other way and that means turning around, but doing so makes you take dmg you can’t parry or block. That’s what I am referring to. DH tanks specifically don’t have this issue b/c they can leap to safety, thus reducing the dmg they take & giving them time to kite and drop stacks of they need to.

Mate, I can escape without losing block/parry chance on every tank.

The most difficult in that regard for me, btw, isn’t even Paladin, but rather Guardian w/o Feral Affinity during Inspiring affix, as you lose nearly all armor (punishing vs. physical ranged mobs when not they’re not wholly rando-firing) to move more quickly or are forced to waste group movement/grouping utility on it.

Yes, DH’s short-CD two-charge jumps are huge, but that’s also literally all DH has. Make use of your Consecration and Steed. It doesn’t double as nearly as good a repositioning tool, but it is sufficient for getting out until stacks drop.

DH has very good utility with Sigils, self-healing w/ dmg on top of the jump… Again, what you are saying makes sense on paper but doesn’t necessarily work out irl. B/c in actual gameplay they hit hard + leave a stack…You say “Make use of your consecrate & steed” but what I am saying is that that is simply not enough and doesn’t really provide as much value as other tanks seem to get for their abilities…

Every spec in the game is good enough to do keys far higher than the keys I (and most others) have done in SL. People need to relax about the meta and just get better themselves.

Paladin offers tremendous utility, especially when including their absurd damage. Get through your 19s and you’ll start approaching issues that stem from squishiness, especially on Tyrannical physical bosses, but you’ll still be a utility powerhouse. BoP, Sac, momentary bubble, LoH, freedom, ranged int, 5-target ranged core rotator (self-refreshable with lego), uncapped AoE spender (stupidly high range with your other meta lego), first avenger + divine toll…

If you’re not feeling like you’ve got a lot to make use of, that may be more of a you problem.

You conc with slow talent. Problem solved.

Would be sick if mobs who stepped in conc get holy chained for like 3 sec + the slow…now that’s a cc :wink: