Sorry, I Don't Understand the Anima Issue

I wouldn’t be happy with it, even if it was in since launch, because they are basically asking players to do months of boring grind just to get the ability to grind for what they actually want, while their characters are weak as p*ss because they had to neglect upgrading their armor to do so.

And…

THEY HAVE TO DO THIS ON EVERY SINGLE ALT, and let’s not forget the fact that not everybody had all of their alts on 60 from week 1.

Some of my crafting alts still haven’t done that boring as balls Maw Intro, for example.

4 Likes

I think it’d be bearable. I don’t mind a bit of a grind but the way it’s been I’m just burnt out - not from doing hard content but from threads of fate leveling and doing world quests :sweat_smile:

This anima grind and the Avowed rep grind just frustrate me. It’s honestly worse than the rep grind for the Unshackled - and I cussed a lot while doing that.

Yea no I meant it should be account wide and the achievements should’ve been in since launch. Regardless, the base anima rewards should’ve been higher from the beginning as well imo and I’d put anima into callings… And items that are worth 5 anima shouldn’t even exist.

Because WQ are ssooo fuunnnnn!
:nauseated_face:

Also this

Nothing like spending anima to grind anima…

11 Likes

I mean… We also level to level… Or that’s how leveling from 50-60 just to then try to get renown feels like for me.

1 Like

Ugh.

Don’t even mention those reps.

I hate how they stuck the Crafters’ Marks behind those stupid grinds. I like DIY crafting, but… sadly they went “no weapons for you” and they expect me to pluck away at crap with 138 weapons until I finish my covenant campaign is just eugh.

And no I don’t want to do Ve’nari or whatever that other rep is, the atoners or whatever that was.

I just want to make some fricken 151 weapons. But nooooo of course not.

1 Like

I don’t really get the hate either. Only gripe I agree with is that it should be accountwide, not character specific. But then, I don’t comb patch notes trying to figure out how I can twist them into something to complain about on the forums like 90% of the people here do. lol

2 Likes

Not much twisting required.

You don’t see anything wrong with spending ludicrous amounts of anima just to get anima at a reasonable rate so you can buy what you REALLY want to buy and then have to do so on every single character you want to buy crap on?

I mean, c’mon, the amount of anima required to Lv3 all 4 features is what, like 120,000 anima? That’s like half of what you need for all the cosmetic rewards of a covenant, lol.

Nice to know that 30% of all the anima you farmed up went into the ability to farm anima.

How would you like to spend 6 gallons of gas to drive to a gas station to fill your 18 gallon gas tank?

3 Likes

:joy: “the atoners” just almost made me spit out my tea. I still can’t make those cool Nazjatar pants :cry:

I’m tired and I’ve been up since 5AM, sue me lol

1 Like

I’d understand if it’s something that needs to be done to progress in the game, but everything anima is purely optional. Most of the time, it’s just buying cosmetic recolors of existing items you can get from just doing your covenant campaign. So… what’s the issue?

The problem with its implementation is that if you aren’t already at one of the two highly-significant tiers (all level 2 or all level 3), the cost to get yourself to that tier takes hundreds of activities to earn back from the “bonus” you’ve just unlocked.

Each tier of the achievement only adds 1 additional 35-anima token per qualifying activity. The most-costly example: If your character is at all rank 2 and wants the tier 3 achievement, you have to spend 40000 anima for those upgrades and then do at least 1142 activities that are boosted by the increase in order to finally come out net-positive on anima gain.

The fact it’s so cost-inefficient for a good chunk of time after earning is a strong argument for simply making it account-wide.

The same could be said for all mounts, pets, and transmog, but you know what?

Mounts, pets, and transmog will exist long after your gearscore will.

All of that raid gear you worked on BfA? It’s worthless now. Remember back when you ground up that Legion weapon (not counting the skins)? It’s worthless now.

What’s NOT worthless? Those mounts you got during those expansions. They still exist and are still relevant to this day.

1 Like

Now I truly wish they were called the Atoners :joy: I’d love it.

No duh. If you knew me, you’d know how often I say that to people who whine about gear. lol

I dunno, I’m just not as interested since they’re all just recolors. There is nothing unique to spend anima on. You can’t even use the stuff on characters that are not in your covenant.

It’s called being a collector.

And it’s one of the only interesting things to actually do in WoW. Or at least it would be interesting if the grind wasn’t so soul-crushing.

I wouldn’t know anything about being a collector. :roll_eyes:

I mean, assuming covenants aren’t just gonna stay in this game forever, I’d assume after this expansion you can use all of them?

I’m just honestly too lazy to make 16 alts just to get all sets.

Thank god all the leather necrolord gear looks like garbage.

2 Likes

The problem is the grind @OP. It’s boring and awful if your not into it.

@Vieria Forgot name but, if all covenant features are rank 1/2/3 they each increase anima you gain from WQs. Maxes out at 3.

After spending 47500 (or to be fair 37500 since most people got rank 3 transport for the portal) anima you got 245 for riding a dragon. Yay. Now go do it on your 7 alts.

4 Likes