Sorry, but I don't group up with people who aren't Trust Level 3

Those are from a user authenticated tokens array.

Basically before you can talk on the forums you need a “token” or talking stick. What the JSON is listing is which IP addresses these tokens of yours are at.

They can not be used to log into your account and no one else can see them in the JSON code except for you

1 Like

Wait… what?.. :joy::joy::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

That info can only be seen by you. In theory by listing the places you’re authenticated on the forums at Power Users could use that to track where they are logged into the forums at and hence from there track their own forum security.

As in “I don’t remember logging in there” runs off to change password

1 Like

I’m sorry but no, with the old forums i was able to include a link to my guild’s website for recruiting purposes, this is now a gated feature and there’s nothing in their new stipulations that tells us which hosting platforms are trusted so i’m assuming i have to jump through ridiculous hoops to get to rank 3 so that i can fully recruit for my guild…

1 Like

Oh, are you going to use our posts as examples of how not to write?

1 Like

Please link AOTF (Ahead Of The Forum) or no invite.

2 Likes

No you weren’t. You could not post a clickable link to ANY outside site. That hasn’t changed, TL 3 just allows you to post clickable links. You can still post a link to your guild site, people will just have to copy and paste it like they used to on the old forums.

2 Likes

Yet i cannot post one and it tells me that my posts cannot contain links

1 Like

You need to format a URL in a code line to post it now, since the forum won’t let you do it without a higher trust level.

You just bracket the link in grave ` and it will post as a non-clickable URL.

4 Likes

Well that’s fine OP but thing is I can’t tell what your trust level is or mine either.

1 Like

Only helpful green post i’ve seen today, thank you. Do you know why they require formatting for non-hyperlinks instead of requiring the formatting for hyperlinks?

1 Like

I assume it’s necessary because hyperlinks are automatic to the forum once you reach that trust level.

So not having the trust that allows you to do it just makes it so the forum says ‘Hey, you can’t do that’ and prevents a post with links in it entirely.

2 Likes

I wonder if any of the rumors about the super secret level 4 is true.

There’s even a whisper of level 5’s… and… they get telepathy and telekinetics?

1 Like

I think is the other way around, if they have a high trust level it means they use the forums too much and are more than likely bad players.

1 Like

Oh, so I was right. I said the MVPs social credit score must automatically be set & locked at level 3 with the way they were vehemently defending “Trust”

1 Like

I grind in game as much as I do the forums. /flex

1 Like

I know I haven’t been vehemently defending trust as yet, but it kinda makes sense to me.

It’s just Hey, spend a bit of time here, get to know how things are and you get a little more oomph to what you can do.

Then you spend a lot of time here and show that you can contribute in a quality manner, or at least in a manner that doesn’t break the code of conduct, and you get the extra oomph of embedding images and things in your posts.

I can totally see trust level 3 taking a bit of time to get. The other levels aren’t embedding direct images and don’t take as long at all to reach.

2 Likes

I feel like I’m the only one who doesn’t care about reaching level 3. Or even level 2. I already have the ability to make unlimited posts. I don’t need memes.

1 Like

Level 5 doesn’t exist in Discourse 2.2

However. If you do the JSON trick on a blue it will show they are Level 4. AKA Moderator level

1 Like

Sounds like a coverup by the level 5’s to hide the truth.

1 Like