Sorry, but I don't group up with people who aren't Trust Level 3

The old forums did not have any of the features that track metrics used for “trust”. There is no easy way to review thousands of previous posters and evaluate them. To do this, the mods have to make a separate “group”, manually review the post history and account status for everyone, put individuals in it, then set the trust levels for that group. MVPs have already been manually reviewed and are watched carefully. I really don’t think they have the manpower to do that for everyone else - think thousands. If you are in the group with regular forum posters you just have to wait for the forum metrics to reach the right stage - in about 3 months. No easy way around that really.

1 Like

Is there some time constraint that prevents people from spamming to trust level 3? Or just the daily like cooldown?

:thinking:

@Haunter
There is a sticky thread about the new forum Syntax and Trust levels at the top of the forum. It is time gated in addition to other metrics. So you are correct, people can’t spam their way to TL3. :cat:

2 Likes

In before Ahead of the Posting Curve forum achievement required to join a new thread.

3 Likes

I considered that, but then I thought about how they probably can view someone’s history more broadly, like how long they’ve been posting (at least back to the last forum migration) and disciplinary history. And no, I don’t mean sorting through everyone individually - I know Blizzard has had metrics for awhile, I am sure they can see who is in good standing fairly easily.

I know we can go back and forth about the technical limitations of things but I still think they could have made this transition better. It may be a matter of perspective here and one of us has limits and the other doesn’t from the get-go.

1 Like

Here you go.

2 Likes

how do you even know what level of trust you are anyway? Just read that entry above mine…this trust crap is stupid lol

1 Like

Guess I should be taking the time to actually read that huh :man_shrugging: Also, first time I’ve been summoned with an @, twitter-forums confirmed

Not really sure I’m liking this new feature.

Oh… so we have to wait even longer than expected for full forum functionality. Lol.

Honestly I wouldn’t even really care that much if stuff like giving out likes and making threads wasn’t timegated. I understand grinding forum rep to embed or whatever, but having to do it for basic forum functions is stupid.

4 Likes

Times to grind post to get ahead of the curve forums.

There is a way to view the form code and check.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/Andrin-malygos.json

Just replace the name and realm with your own and search for the trust level groups. The highest one marked “true” is where you are. You are trust level 1 right now.

EDIT [quote=“Tyierin-wyrmrest-accord, post:26, topic:22196”]
Honestly I wouldn’t even really care that much if stuff like giving out likes and making threads wasn’t timegated. I understand grinding forum rep to embed or whatever, but having to do it for basic forum functions is stupid.
[/quote]

The post limit goes away once you get to TL 1 which takes about 10 minutes.

2 Likes

I read the criteria for the trust levels.

I still don’t get the point of the trust levels, is it to curb the spam and trolls?

1 Like

Controversial answers incoming.

Trust levels were created to help the moderators deal with topics that need moderating more efficiently.

I meant that you can only make 3 threads a day

Largely, yes. One of the big reasons we did not have the ability to link outside the Blizzard forums or link images on the old ones was because of abuse. This allows us that feature, but only after you have proven you are not likely to be a troll.

It takes 10 minutes to go from Trust level 0 which has that limit to Trust level 1 with the thread limit removed. That is literally just to reduce spam trolls on stolen Bnet accounts.

I like the increased ‘like’ count as a reward. somehow we can’t be trusted to ‘like’ things correctly.

1 Like

How exactly do you even figure out what your trust level is? … its my first day…

Edit: ohhh nevermind, I found it.

1 Like