Soothing Mists while moving

I can honestly say I do not like it. I played Mistweaver off and on during The War Within and I enjoyed timing my SM w/ the Jade Statue you could summon, and having the heals bounce to two nearby allies was satisfying as well. Now… moving while channeling looks very uncanny.

Even worse, I fear for the times ahead when an enemy will do some sort of spell lock and I won’t be able to stop casting by simple moving. :dracthyr_sweat:

Does anyone else feel like Soothing Mists should return to its original state of standing still to cast? :thinking:

No I love being as mobile as possible. Easy fix to stop channel if you worried about getting spell locked, hold 1 RM and cast right before the spell lock. Think of the middle mob P1 of Crown. Super chill :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

2 Likes

If you love being as mobile as possible, why not fistweave instead of mistweave? Your chosen name suits your playstyle. :thinking:

1 Like

As Mistweaver and Fistweaver Castable while running feels good for both specs.
I suggest you bind S as Stopcast button. That way you can stop casting while moving and bait kicks if you are playing pvp. Super helpful and doesn’t take long to get used to it.

2 Likes

This is where I disagree. :dracthyr_shrug:

Okay, maybe try using Stopcast option. It will help you alot.

2 Likes

I feel like this is one of those “this may be an unpopular opinion “ posts. I don’t think you’ll find a lot of people who agree with you.

Generally more mobility is preferred over less, I feel like the only real area where you need to worry about it is in PvP where kicks are common place. Like others have said, create a stop casting macro or cast Renewing Mist or any attack to end the channel.

1 Like

Soothing Mist being useable on the move is super good and one of the positive QoL changes they have added. Personally I think it should have stayed attached to Way of the Serpent though, while WOTC got a different bonus.

Third-ing this. Hit Esc, rwk, ren mist, tft, jump, use a macro….. There are options. We’ve had silence mobs all s1 and it wasn’t an issue. ( I don’t pvp so if there are issues there your post should have been clearer about that type of content )

“fistweaving” usually almost always requires you to be in melee more than an alternative build btw. Picking up the caster heavy talents ( mainly Tears/WOTS/Mistline/VItalExpenditure and RWK ) frees up movement/placement and doesn’t restrict mobility ( or healing ) at all, it is great!

1 Like

I do both lol

But FW is my fav

And this is my 2nd of 3 MW’s lol

1 Like

I got my stopcasting macro while pushing my mouse wheel to the right. You could bind it to the scroll wheel up / down and bind camera with a modifier like alt.

So, I’ve been experimenting and enjoying Fistweaving, but I think I’m doing it wrong. First I want to ask: what stats should I focus on? :thinking:

You’ll want haste and mastery for anything Chi-Ji related, but crit is still pretty solidly close to mastery. All stats are good, but aim for the first two the most.

Take a peek here, https://www.wowhead.com/guide/classes/monk/mistweaver/stat-priority-pve-healer#stat-recommendations for more info

1 Like

While I enjoy using soothing mist on the run while in random bgs and random epics - it’s just that I sorta stand out and get trained/cc’d more often than not.

For better or worse I’ve been playing around with the talents sans soothing mist and focusing more on renewing mists and sheilun’s gift and so far it seems ok.