Soooooo boomy tomorrow

This is the case for Guardian now. I can’t make heads or tails of what I want to do, not because anything is particularly good or sought after, but I really can’t tell which talents are genuinely worse.

Feral and resto seem to be okay though.

Oh that dev quit at the early stage of the druid seeing phase in alpha we have no devs. Most likely is just some dev doing the druid talent on their free time.

1 Like

so i tested on the dummy… burst with starsurge/starfire is meh… critting like 68k with about half mastery gear. Starfire is critting like 35k. this is with the 2 set.

yawn…

You are smoking crack. Nothing about these changes are a positive. You lose fun talents, get nothing to benefit it, and now you get to just sit there and spam fillers EVEN MORE which is infinitely more boring. The only fight we were good on, Council, is a 20 % damage reduction overall dps to before 10.0.5 and you spam starfire 75 % of the time now.

This… this explains alot… i cant believe they released druid in this state.

yean i dunno what they were going for here. casted buffs are nice, on paper, in some universe the rest of us dont occupy. we understand that we should get something out of it in return for hard casting, but the problems are

we dont want to
its too hard to get off much cast-time stuff consistently

and they dont hit hard enough. i mean fire mage casted stuff hits harder than this.

what is going on? the tree is borked, the dmg is meh and balance seems to have gotten nothing in return. i think the only thing they could do at this point is make balance like THE tanky caster, moreso than lock in some cases. bring back the crazy mobilty and the high armor. forget the dmg, balance purpose is to pad the meters to help others get the kill. balance cant burst nearly as well as like, literally anything else in the game. a damn enh shaman can kill faster =P

even tho melee hump your leg, we’re literally better off playing lock rather than balance, as at least you can generate real pressure plus provide things like hstone and gate for your team.

Boomkin tree looks a bit better, however I dont see a damage increase we are still bottom of the barrel and feels not fun to play.

so you prefer to just stand there and cast the same spell over and over instead of an actual rotation?

Seems to be quite a bit lower than my damage before the patch.

1 Like

Tonight felt worse than ever. Aside from Smolder cheesing on council.

Can we please get a new dev.

2 Likes

Sustained AoE has increased btw, you should check your talents and if you’re playing the class right. All these balance is broken threads are uneducated and dont reflect in game realities in PvE. Its ok not to like things for sure, you dont have too, we all have our preferences with regards to talents we like, playstyle etc but balance is highly competitive. Any such statement contradictory to this from a performance standpoint is either uneducated or posted attempting to create a false narrative.

but meanwhile in pvp the class is horrible, i can barely cast to get into solar eclipse i need 6 free seconds in pvp just to get my rotation started, (dots and eclipse)
meanwhile i get kicked on trying to get into eclipse, then i get interrupted on astral becuz of umbral embrce (which is the only talent that makes wrath/starfire do something

So yeah in pve its amazing staying in lunar eclipse casting starfire and starfalls, but in pvp u cant use half the damage utillity u have

balance is about casting solar and lunar spells equally, not whatever this mess is

1 Like

Terrible talent tree for boomies, wow.

Who really wants to use that Goldrinn talent? Why is it necessary for Rattle the Stars?

sorry none of these changes are ok, i shouldnt have to pick a scenario where i have to pick between solar and lunar eclipse becuz of AOE or ST

THATS WHAT STARSURGE AND STARFALL IS FOR

This does not actually happen. That talent does not work this way.
You will only be locked out of school of the spell you are casting.

There are only two casted astral spells that are vulnerable to lockout on both trees.
Stellar Flare and Moons

Soo boomie seems way better in pvp with these changes

duel me and find out because I HAVE been getting astral locked

the tooltip says makes your next wrath or starfire astral ( This changes the school) and its only active for 1 use

1 Like

Just tested. With embrace up, you still get Arcane locked. It will always be an arcane cast, but does Astral damage… maybe its just a tooltip. not actually changing anything with the spell itself.

so yeah, you are incorrect.

no i just tested it i got astral locked, are u in eclipse before u make the cast

says in the tooltip “makes your next cast in eclipse”

so yeah, you are incorrect

1 Like

if u still dont belive duel me in valdrakken pvp vendors

boommkin-whisperwind