Sometimes . . karma comes for even a Warlock

I’m in the Badlands, PvPing, and it’s going good, undefeated today.

Then, I get annoyed at all the amount of Discombobulator Ray’s I’m using to dismount players. I think, “When I use Succubus I don’t have to Discombobulator Ray”, I’ll summon her since my main issue with her is that she dies when I 1v2.

Tell me how the very next fight, it’s a 1v2 vs a Ret Paladin and a Boomkin? I lose because you guessed it my pet dies and Soul Link goes down.

I get frustrated, ress, drink an arcane elixir, apply a wizard oil, drink a strong trolls blood, eat some wolf steak, then go on the hunt for the two extra beefed up. Mind you I lost because of my choices, so using all these buffs just to sooth my ego was rather childish.

I go around to every single location in the Badlands and can’t find the Paladin or Druid.

Then . . .

Someone calls out in chat that a Warrior was camping players trying to kill Dark Rider. So I go there and kill him in a rather childish, making my tea “if you know what I mean” way.

Then I see the Paladin ride by! I Discombobulator Ray him and IT MISSES!!

In all of my WoW history, I’ve never seen Discombobulator Ray miss once and this thing freaking misses. Oh, I’m bothered!

Turns out that Warrior was not camping people, he wanted Dark Rider but had no team. I see him go for the kill so I try to help, and type to other Horde there to help him. Of course they steam roll him and take Dark Rider.

I bring this up to say, I didn’t help them kill the Warrior and didn’t help them kill Dark Rider because they killed the Warrior. I feel like this got my karma back in order, because I found the Paladin again, used Discombobulator Ray to dismount and own him twice.

As for that Boomkin who decided to interrupt a fight of good “Paladin” vs evil “Warlock” . . . I look forward to meeting you again. #sameplacedifferentday

TLDR: I go 17-0 today in Badlands using Felhunter. I pull out Succubus and literally 30 seconds later I die. I full buff just to waste it all looking for two people. Then for the first time ever for me, Discombobulator Ray misses. #karmafeelsbad

3 Likes

Succubus is better in pure melee situations.

Also, ideally you would keep your voidwalker out for Sacrifice, then use fel domination to bring out your next pet for whatever situation you happen to be facing.

In a 2v1 situation where both of the classes you’re facing are casters, fel hunter would have been loads better.

Only use Succubus when facing rogues and warriors. Succubus seduction can knock a rogue out of a stunlock rotation, and can halt a Warrior in it’s tracks, thus giving you time to gain distance.

What do you mean “even for a Warlock” ?

You’re a warlock, y’all deserve so much payback for bad karma that it has to pay you in installments for lack liquid assets!

There’s no such thing as karma, there are only consequences.

Pvp happened on a pvp server.

1 Like

This didn’t happen.

1 Like

Let me guess then you got called by Mr. Beast and he offered to raid your stream because of how cool you are.

in a pure dueling situation yes

practically though world pvping i just stick to one demon and only sac if i have to. usually its the felhunter because its so strong against most casters, and i dont ever feel like im in danger against melee with soul link

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the comments!

Thank you for bringing up ideas and tactics that Warlocks will be able to read and gain knowledge from. Personally, I have a playstyle for Phase 2, that allows me to use Felhunter vs every single class. So I always have Felhunter out knowing it is my preferred demon.

However . . Succubus “As Demo” is nice for the extra 10% damage. Also, “which is what I summoned Succubus for in my opening comment”, she can Seduce a player riding past you. This way “as Demo” I can position myself to line up all the damage I have, forcing that player to dismount to eat. Without Seduce, I have to position myself “as they ride past” in the best possible way, which never truly happens. Instead, I get half my damage out “Immolate and Corruption both have a cast time”, thus the player rides away without needing to stop and eat. I get around this by using Discombobulator Ray to dismount the player. Today, I randomly started feeling cheap with Discombobulator Ray and swapped to Succubus just for it to bite me less than a minute later, lol.

I was leaning into the idea that karma has an evil or malevolent aspect which wishfully should do less to me because I’m a Warlock meaning I work in the malevolent arts. In truth, I don’t think this is the case but it sounds cool in lore.

Consequence is a logical inference or conclusion and Karma is the sum of a person’s actions in one life, so wouldn’t they mean the same thing? As in, my logical inference to seeing my life flash before my eyes is . . Or, like saying, my conclusion reached on the basis of evidence and reasoning to seeing and evaluating my life as per recorded by the matrix. With conclusion, it’s the same thing. Karma is just a word replacing those words.

I’m just narrowing karma to a frame of time and not an entire life, but I could have also said the events were a consequence of something earlier, or that it was my logical inference what happened or my conclusion to the events.

If this is all you got from my post and all that comes to mind from my topic, that is unfortunate.

It’s a story, something to read that’s free.

It’s traffic on these forums for your viewing pleasure.

It’s a conversation starter or a place to communicate.

Why would you not want this?

I hope the players involved will come forward, that way you can enjoy the story as the true story it is.

I have no fanbase, no YouTube, no gaming social media, barely even a discord account. I’ll never be a YouTube star like Mr. Beast and I have no stream to raid. I also wouldn’t say I’m “cool” by the term you are using.

This topic is just events that happened, a story to read. I hope part of it interested your mind.

Exactly this, thanks for bringing it up. I rarely need to use my macro that Fel Domination > Summon Voidwalker > Use Sacrifice. If I do though, it’s a 0.5 second button spam for the shield. Besides that, I auto run Felhunter vs everything.

You on Crusader Strike? If so, that’s a shame because I would have loved to bring righteous justice upon you for your evil misdeeds.

1 Like

Yes, I’m on Crusader Strike.

Just follow the stench of death, you will find me.

I name my Soul Shards after the players I collect them from. I let the Warrior’s soul go, so I no longer have the soul of Gogocharge if your plan is to get that one back.

Neon#14875

Hahah I had to edit because it auto removed my post

1 Like

I count my Soul shards singing Petey Pablo, opening my soul bag like<

I need Alliance that I can beef with
And wanna try scheming , and ain’t scared of a big demon
And love to get their soul taken
'Cause I’m the Warlock, strong enough to do that

Take-a-soul
(Do you like it Alli?) Shameka
Keisha
(Do you like it Alli?) Tara