Something whispers to you from the magma / Seething Cache

I need some clarity here, you can only get the seething orbs when you see the emote “Something whispers to you from the magma”. I spent all day trying to farm the orbs only saw that emote pop up once and it lasted like 5 minutes and got a follow up, “the whispers have ended” ? how often does this event happen… I can’t find any info on it. It’s really frustrating and im wasting so much time on it.

While I don’t have an answer to that question.
It’s good to know that you can server hop via group finder to shards as many times as you want. It can make finding the orbs much quicker.
As long as you stay within the Zaralek caverns area. Otherwise you lose the buff.

The idea that other players can actively stop you from getting a non-PvP achievement is assinine.

Either they need to fix this so other players getting the chest don’t reset your stacks, or remove it from the Treasure Hunters achievement.

I’m sure the demand has only increased since Taivan was announced.

1 Like

I agree. They either need to change timing/collection of the cache itself or remove it from the meta. Getting this thing is toxic. I had 2 orbs collected twice but each time before getting a 3rd, someone else beat me to it and I lost the debuff the orbs give you. The 2nd time this happened it was under 5 mins of the orbs spawning.

Youre on the lucky side… ive been consistently looking for orbs for half a year. Only thing i have left for zaralek and that was way before the new meta achives. I have yet to find a single orb, including toggling wm on and off.

Can wait until the outrage once people start finishing off everything else in the awoken meta and just have this stupid thing left.

Increase the frequency.

Timer looks to be around 2hrs from when it was completed last but I could be wrong. I had it come up again, but no orbs seemed to spawn? I ran around the area for an hour after the zone announcement but didn’t see a single orb and nobody claimed it in that hour. Strange.

In my opinion for this particular treasure, I highly recommend doing this at night when most players are offline sleeping.

I’m on one of the heaviest populated servers in North America, (Area 52) and did this at night with little to no issues at all. Actually found all (3) orbs within minutes of one another on my first attempt.

Ideal time is from 9:00PM, Pacific Time until 4:00AM, Pacific. :slight_smile:

I wish you the best of luck!

I say remove this from the meta-achievement, that way the folks trying to get the mount can have it, and people like me who want the achieve will leave them alone. How it is structured now makes it impracticable and frustrating when every player, on every server, in the whole game going for the achieve, and only ONE can get it is to be missed.

1 Like

this achievement is the worst. It’s the only thing keeping me from completing the zaralek cavern meta and i’ve spent hours trying to do this. In WM or out, shard hopping, there’s just too many ppl fighting for few orbs.

it was this bad before the meta announcement. Its the only thing ive been missing for months… now forget it.