Someone please look at my silencing appeal

Your realm mates disagreed. As Nephe said, you can only appeal through the appeals process - tickets. If you have received a full-on silence and not the automated squelch, that means a GM reviewed the reports and upgraded your squelch to a silence as whatever it was you said was in breach of the CoC.

Ticket times are admittedly higher than normal right now, but your appeal will be answered in the order it was received.

4 Likes

Also keep in mind that discussing (or more specifically, debating) account actions is against the Forum Code of Conduct. The only way to appeal this is via the ticket system by following the instructions in the email you received.

I understand not wanting to wait, but that’s your only option at this point.

5 Likes

I don’t care what my realm mates think. I’m fairly sure I was falsely reported for doing zombie invasion things and a bunch of angry PvPers false reported me for infecting them hence the BRAINS BRAINS in the report. I can’t even fathom a GM reading what’s in that report and silencing me for a week for it.

And there is no waiting for a week. The zombie invasion will be gone. Maybe a blue sees it here. I will do everything I can to get this nonsense removed sooner so that I can enjoy the event that I will never be able to enjoy again. I don’t care if it’s a slim chance, I don’t care if it’s next to zero. I absolutely shouldn’t be silenced for the nothing in the report and someone needs to look at this so that they can remove it immediately.

1 Like

The estimated time for tickets is based on the oldest ticket in queue. Times are averaging around 3-4 days, but could be sooner.

The Support Forum Agents, although awesome, cannot review account actions. They can only give the same advice as the other posters provided.

Unfortunately, that’s not going to happen by posting on the forums. The only option is the appeal process via tickets.

EDIT: Also just a friendly piece of advice. There have been many threads where an account action was continually debated. Those threads have been locked. It would be best at this point to wait on your appeal.

5 Likes

Again, I have no alternative. Maybe one blue can talk to another blue. Maybe they can’t. I don’t care. I will use every single avenue to get a message to anything Blizzard that I possibly can. If it were in the middle of an expansion or whatever, I might be patient. I can not be patient here, patience is not an option. I want to enjoy this event. I can’t. Over nothing. They can ban from the forum and unsilence me from the game then, I don’t care. I want to enjoy the event, and this silencing is absurd.

This is a time sensitive issue. I can’t wait seven days, I can’t wait four days, I can’t wait three days. If I wait three days, does the event that I want to enjoy get extended by three days? No. I simply do not get to have fun with it, again, over a silencing that absolutely should never have occurred, and it never comes back.

That’s not how things work.

If you do this, you risk further sanctions. Especially if they reply and uphold the account action. Continuing to appeal after they told you no more appeals will be heard is GM Harassment and will result in further account actions. Please do not go this route. Right now it is only a silence. If you do what you’re saying you’re going to do, you risk a full suspension from the game.

So are all the other appeals in queue. Yours will be reviewed when it’s your turn and not sooner. Unfortunately, you’ll need to wait however long it takes for your ticket and appeal to receive a reply.

At this point, the thread did turn into a debate about an account action, and will probably be locked once an SFA comes across it.

You’ve been given the only option available to you (tickets), and I highly suggest you wait on that reply. Also note, if this thread is locked, creating a new one definitely violates the Forum Code of Conduct.

Just to prevent this thread from being derailed into a discussion about disciplinary actions and the Code of Conduct, I think it should end here.

8 Likes

Sorry, there is no way for you to jump the queue.

If you were reported, and an actual silence penalty was applied, then Blizzard agrees with your realm mates.

That would be harassment on your part, and Blizzard will have every right to penalise you further.

8 Likes

Blizzard is harassing me by silencing my account over nothing. I’m attempting to contact Customer Support through Customer Support. If Customer Support is unable to interact with Customer Support, that is a fault in their own system. Not my concern. I will continue to attempt to get to them to look at my appeal however I can so that this ridiculous can be removed.

All future friendly advice posts will be ignored. Whether or not you’re genuinely trying to help or not, none of you are relevant to this issue nor can you do anything about it, and I’m not here to have a conversation with you about forum etiquette. Blue eyes are the only thing of relevance to me.

Customer Support, where you are posting, is a forum for players to assist other players. It is not Customer Service. Nor is it a place that any other staff outside of our SFAs come to. Nor is it a place to try and bypass the ticketing and appeals systems. So those blue eyes you’re looking for, they ain’t gonna see none of this.

3 Likes

Last post here. Since you wanted a blue response, here are a few blue responses:

8 Likes

First off - this is a player help player forum - not an avenue to the customer service team (who won’t be able to reverse anything for you anyway).

Secondly, there is no magic person you can reach or talk to to reverse account action except via an appeal ticket. That is it, regardless if you accept that or not.

You posted in a public forum.

Information you’ve been provided with is incredibly relevant. You not wanting to accept it doesn’t invalidate anything.

8 Likes

Also keep in mind that while the blues on this forum don’t apply penalties, don’t work on overturning penalties, and don’t have the ability to push your request forward in the queue, one of them may chime in to help you remember what might have happened and why the action was applied according to internal notes on your case.

That seldom goes as well as people think it will.

10 Likes

If you are bringing the plague to an AV battle, you are there to disrupt and tank the battle. If you are not gonna participate in the battle, don’t join. You got off light with just a silence, non-participation usually earns a 7 day suspension.

5 Likes

Or a third, increasingly more likely option - they silence you on the forums as well as in-game.

9 Likes

At least I didn’t get a suspension for running my mouth. There is that.

2 Likes

Much less likely to lose the ability to use the forums than your friend here, too.

1 Like

Keep digging buddy…

At this rate, I’ll be out of flags before sunrise.

2 Likes

Considering that it’s real people reporting your posts, the only automation is your posts being hidden. It doesn’t prove that a forum silence is automated. Go ahead and make your silences public. You will have more people laughing at you than believing you.

It doesn’t prove anything except in your own mind. Although anyone who reads your posts is made aware of your lack of intelligence. Telling someone to read a book doesn’t make you look smart. It just shows you have nothing to offer.

5 Likes

Just take a step back folks and ignore him. He will be dealt with I’m sure once the SFA’s get in

2 Likes