Some tips I've learned for people struggling in Delves

Always have Algari healing potions AND Cavedweller’s delight. They don’t share a CD I believe.

If you die in Fungal Folly due to the poison DOT there is a bug where the DOT persists after death and will kill you again. So don’t immediately spawn in if you die this way.

DPS Bran is superior for the majority of classes. Unbreakable Iron Idol makes your experience a ton easier when too many mobs are pulled. I’ve found Relic of Sentience the best for utility and consistent damage. At rank 4 he just machine guns them out and they have a ton of damage and help kite if you’re lucky and get one looted.

Zekvir empowered mobs can be pulled one by one. From what I notice is they don’t agro like normal mobs do unless you get in vicinity of them. I usually taunt the annoying ones like the slug from Earthen Mines and deal with them one by one.

Not all of the objectives have to be completed room by room. A lot of the areas can be bypassed such as the ones where you loot items. There will generally be more items, rescuing people etc. than the objectives calls for. So, if you see an area that just too jampacked with mobs or a rare you can probably circumvent them.

Focus caster minions down first. Their health pool is far lower than mele mobs and they hit harder. Taunt the casters from afar so Bran pulls agro. One caster isn’t going to kill you but more than two or three hitting you is annoying to deal with if you can’t burst them down so Bran just taking one from damaging you can save you.

Use your disables, Sap, paralyze whatever it is against mobs with annoying mechanics. An example is the mob in the Earthen Mines that creates web traps everywhere or the slug with AOE fear.

Bosses are a hit or miss. DPS Bran above level 20 is practically a Raid boss himself. Let Bran take agro and pull off whenever he begins to lose it. Some fights have unavoidable damage like Waxface with the fire or that insect DOT from the Nerubian tank. Bran is able to silence and dispel but if he’s locked into his gryphon special ability, he won’t do neither so make sure you aren’t holding off thinking he will with your defensives and heals.

Don’t waste your bountiful keys attempting the fungal and exploding spore boss and on last life. DPS Bran doesn’t lose agro and he doesn’t set off the spores to explode. If you are a class with no temp invincibility or high mobility just sit in the corner and let Bran do the work.

TLDR: You can also just group and have a way easier time over solo.

1 Like