Some things I just learned about wrath

1. hearthstone 30 min cooldown.
  2. “stormwind harbor” is now a thing. no more menethil death marches for night elves.
  3. low level health regen so fast it makes food useless.
  4. mechanical enemies no longer immune to poison, yeah because that makes sense
  5. mailboxes everywhere for some reason

lol@this easy mode of a game

I don’t want to hear you people call vanilla “easy” ever again. It’s 10 dimensional chess compared to wrath.

13 Likes

I had forgotten how dumbed down poisons got. There’s a drop off in investment for sure.

For me the only redeeming thing about Wrath outside of raiding was Arthas.

3 Likes

WotLK is basically retail. Its so easy. Its actually disgusting. WotLK isn’t classic. Its the start of the casualization of the game and why retail became what it is today. It wasn’t Cataclysm. It was Wrath of the Lich King that ruined WoW.

21 Likes

I’m playing a hunter and boy did they completely take any thinking or immersive gameplay out of that class. Pets are now completely OP and can take aggro easily. No close calls at all for the pet dying. Regen as mentioned before is pretty quick. Faster weapon skill training overall. No auto-shot timing, since it goes off regardless of what you do. EZ mode.

1 Like

“are you serious? they made the game more enjoyable? im unsubscribing”

17 Likes

i decided to try it. I think achievements are cool actually. But the rest of it so far is pretty stupid. Wrath definitely was the beginning of the end.

4 Likes

And this is one of the avid anti rdf posters. The dude despises wrath and won’t play it and yet wants to put in his say on how it should be run.

14 Likes

me? i can’t stand everything that rdf stands for which is what wrath stands for. that being said, i couldn’t care less how it plays out. If i don’t play. I don’t play. Similar to how I approached TBC. I wasn’t crazy about TBC either.

2 Likes

Death marches were good.

3 Likes

Talking about the OP, but you’re in the same boat it sounds like. If you don’t like the game and probably won’t play it, why try to push an agenda on it? I do agree in that I think vanilla is the best version of the game and would happily replay vanilla over and over, wrath does seem more like Diablo and an action RPG than how vanilla was and to a lesser extent tbc, but I am going to play wrath and enjoy it, I don’t think people with little to no interest in the game should be trying to put in their 2 cents, the game clearly isn’t for them anyway.

2 Likes

Your definition of “10 dimensional chess” is interesting.

But you right, rotations that you could replicate with one of those dipping ducks manning the keyboard are certainly equivalent to 10-dimensional chess.

13 Likes

thanks for the input guy who has done no content

8 Likes

Yeah it really was wrath all along. It was the start of retail

4 Likes

Maybe? But for the record even if i don’t like RFD, I think Blizzard was stupid not to put it in.

3 Likes

I think it suits wrath, I just can’t believe they decided not to do it, and then went and rolled out one of the worst lfg tools they’ve ever made.

2 Likes

WOTLK added many of the quality of life changes that players were asking for back in the day. For some reason some vanilla players seem to confuse tedious with difficult.

Vanilla leveling wasn’t hard it was just slow and tedious due to having to stop and eat/drink after every 1-3 mob. If you happened to overpull than you would die due to not having the mana or health to deal with multiple enemies at the same time.

In all honesty nothing in Classic Wow is hard. This is all content that most players have done before and the best known strategies in dealing with anything in the game can be looked up easily. The only reason why it feels harder is because of how brain dead retail leveling has become.

19 Likes

oh wow we can’t have that. you have to be a super hero while leveling :roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Not until the plan comes into action.

2 Likes

I’ll say this again so maybe people understand. Wrath IS retail

7 Likes

Hard and difficult is a loaded term for sure. Vanilla was super simple. Raiding was simple. Everyone knew exactly what to do. It was just one huge gear check.

That being said, what made Vanilla and TBC different (i didn’t say difficult) was time. Yes you can call it tedious. But time made the experience. When it comes to MMORPG, there is all sorts of unnecessary. Vanilla came from another time where RPGs weren’t necessary streamlined, where class inequality was ok. Where sometimes just to sit there and grind was the only way. Was it annoying? sure. But at the end, it was just a part of game play.

Hate it all you want, but all the dumb stuff Vanilla did added character. Not everything made sense. Not all classes were equal. Itemization was iffy. Things just took too long. I’m talking about OG Vanilla, not Classic. Classic was already riddled with people who already couldn’t handle the smaller time sink OG was.

Wrath just feels watered down. In many ways, there is a huge correlation between what Wrath is and what casual Retail became.

5 Likes