Some testing ideas for part of DF Season 4

Given the amount of pvp complaints from melee & casters would it make sense to set solo matchmaking so that we have a Healer/Tank, Caster DPS, and Melee DPS grouped in solo matches?

A lot of the fun from the original concept of Rated Solo Arenas really stems from terrible class balances between double caster, and in “some” situations double melee comps. Honestly I think it would be more fun going that route given the fact tuning has really been beneficial towards that proposed makeup rather than double hunter (yuck), double DH, etc.

Thoughts?

The queue doesn’t need more reason to go slower

1 Like

It’s random comp mode.

As Battle says the queue times are already long and adding a bunch of restrictions would just make it longer.

If you read my post the point in having a more balanced queue in S4 is to stop having 3 or 4 casters or Melee in a solo shuf.

I found the most balanced battles to consist of a healer/tank, a caster, and a melee.

Yes there would be 2 matches where there would be 2 melee vs 2 casters, but given the current meta I would rather wait longer for a queue with that setup than sign up for a match that will likely be super unbalanced by having almost all casters or all melee players outside of the tank/healer role.

If you read my post the point is to stop the queue from taking longer

1 Like

That’s not true. Plenty of melee & casters queueing.

Literally is.

1 Like

How so? Show me the facts.

Under ideal conditions, there is a perfect balance of melee and casters queueing at all levels of rating (there isn’t), and this would result in no slowdown. Anything less then ideal results in longer queues.

The way they balanced classes now and going into S4 the most balanced solo arena experience is to set a fixed amount of ranged vs melee.

Bliz wont’ do that because it’ll expose how F-d up their balance theory has been all expansion. Ironically if you mandate 2 ranged and 2 melee in a given rated solo arena series participation would actually increase.

If I have to wait an extra minute or two what difference would it make to the queue timer? Answer: Negligible.

who’s to say it would only be one or two minutes? If you peep at drustvar and look at the last 3 hours of activity, there are 1100 more melee than ranged getting into games. Now you have a queue 1100 players long not just waiting on healers, but valid ranged as well. The queue slowdown has potential to be quite significant.

You know on paper more restrictions would heighten queues

But with scarcity of healers, only low to mid warriors and dhs would notice

30 - 40 min queues to 1hr+, why not? What could possibly go wrong lol

1 Like

there’d be two rounds of double melee vs double caster each lobby wouldn’t there?

I feel like this comes up every season and every time people acknowledge that, while a cool concept, isnt worth doubling Q times. Also NGL I think the charm in shuffle IS the randomness, even though i want to die when i get a triple shaman lobby.