Some mobs that were hostile arent

I pretty vividly remember the kobalds in the northshire cave to be hostile. the ones outside the cave were neutral but inside i’m like 90% sure were red.

1 Like

In every starting zone that last quest does have hostile mobs.
NE’s had the spiders
Dwarves/gnomes had the trolls
Orc/troll had those sprites
Undead had spiders too in the cave

Those are the ones I remember.

If that’s the case, then it should be the Defias Thugs for Humans.

Although, the spiders AND the Scarlets are hostile in the Undead starting zone.

i know the defias were red but i looked at a few forums and they were saying that others remember red cave kobalds too and there was a patch in 3.3 that changed mobs to neutral. i think those were changed then.

OMG yeah…how could I forget that…getting up to the named guy to kill him.

Humans have the defias in the vineyard.

Tauren had the bristlebacks.

Oh that stinking bristle back area…

side note: god that tauren starting zone took forever

Goldtooth? He’s outside of northshire. The kolbolds in the cave were always neutral, the humans have the defias guys in the farm vine area.

No…the named scarlet guy in the undead area.
Never played a human so I don’t know anything about their starting area.

Nope. The Northshire Abbey “red con” mobs were the Defias. They’re the equivalent of the Spiders in Shadowglen, where the Kobolds are the equivalent of the two tiers of boars and cats.

1 Like

I’m calling this a Mandela Effect.

1 Like

No if I remember right they were stronger in the cave but still neutral. The Defias a cross the river were definitely hostile though.

i did some talking with my friend group and deep dove some patch notes turns out in vanilla they were neutral but in bc- patch 3.3 they were hostile and then with 3.3 they got put back to neutral.

I am 90% sure you are wrong

Dang. That is officially one of the weirdest mob histories ever.

Interesting. I was about to note they were definitely neutral in vanilla. I was a major altaholic before I finally leveled up to 60, had about 40 low levels almost all alliance. (Also because when servers dropped well… you went to a new server and made a toon, or had a back up server) I only leveled a shaman from 1 after BC hit though, so I had no idea they were temporarily made red the switched back to neutral.

ya this is gonna sound made up but i found out after talking to a past gm that i know and he told me about how they made them hostile from the 1st patch of bc until bliz did a blanket lvl 1-5 all neutral in patch 3.3