SoM will struggle... A new Blizzard failure

Why couldn’t they clean up the stats on equipment?
Why couldn’t they reduce spell training cost with the increased exp?
Why couldn’t they buff a few talents for each terrible spec to make them more viable?
Why couldn’t they add all updated models?

I’m just curious on why there was 0 effort put into this? Seems like that’s all we can expect from Blizzard these days. Drama with Bobby didn’t help, started out strong in guild now no one is logging in.

I guess people playing SoM will be left saying what people playing retail say… “maybe next season it will be better.” instead of “maybe next patch it will be better.”

21 Likes

It probably will. Next season will probably be class balances some other rando changes to keep it ALL F R E S H.
And the players subbing lmao.

1 Like

Can I have your stuff though

3 Likes

No increased raid loot = raids poaching the few who got gear.

this is assuming they didnt get garbage loot to begin with, and that good loot going most likely GMs and officers

10 Likes

They could offer Fresh vanilla without one change every year and it’ll be a better game than any new retail expansion.

SoM is a huge success and what the vanilla crowd has wanted for a decade.

21 Likes

That is the only problem with SoM I can see, everything am happy with. It’s always been funny to me that people act like loot should be of no concern.

1 Like

Careful, they might mute you or try to permaban you for disagreeing with them and claim you’re trolling.

1 Like

NO. WE DONT WANT TO BALANCE CLASSES.

I’ll unsub if we have class balances. Classic is rock papers scissors. If you want class balances go retail. If you want paladins to top raid dps go wotlk. If you get wotlk or cata or tbc. What are you going to expect them to do? Balance wotlk? And turn it into retail? So every stupid class is a clone or each other? Balance TBC? Balance cata if they release cata??? No. You should be happy and if you dont like classic because you don’t have the slow down movement from judgement of justice like in tbc then don’t play classic. play tbc.

Class balance it and then turn the game into one we will hate and not recognise. And then PvP players will leave and say Mage: “paladins can’t do that in classic? Wtf… that’s a TBC spell! Thats it Im leaving and going back to private servers because even private servers are more accurate and closer to classic because blizzard is changing everything now.”

Thats what will happen because tiny changes doesnt mean big spell and talent changes.

Updated models are not how we remember classic. If they do that then anyone who sees a screenshot wont know if its classic or retail.
If they give us an option to use it ok. But please don’t update player models for classic and replace old models.

The point of classic or any game is to improve it but make it as close as possible to the original game. So if there is a internal cooldown on shadow oil. Don’t remove it if it will screw up the game. If you remove it. Its going to anger alot of warlocks when you remove their shadowbolts debuffs.

15 Likes

Why can’t you just make some gold while you level? I’ve had no issues with it despite the fact that NO ONE on my server knows how to use the AH. Heck, I make gold off of spending each morning buying up all the stuff the clueless have posted for less than vendor price.

You could fish. You could level professions. You could hustle enchants. There are many options.

Sounds to me like you just don’t like Vanilla WoW. It still is what it has always been.

8 Likes

Right. That’s why we still have Classic servers. This isn’t Classic though. It’s the start of Classic Plus.

Why would you quit when everything you want still exists on the OG Classic servers? SoM already has enough changes that I’m shocked you’re even playing based on this post.

3 Likes

NO because classic plus doesn’t mean retail plus.

I’m fine with them adding things that would of been implemented in classic. But not unless there is hard evidence. What you’re asking for means changing the whole game without any evidence of it, just to satisfy your needs.

For example there was evidence of them saying they wanted to put a classic arena or karazhan or ashbringer in classic.
Those I wouldn’t mind. But changing spells that were never implied to change during classic? No thanks. It has to be something they were planning on doing during classic.

5 Likes

Again…Classic isn’t going away. You can go play on the Classic servers for that imaginary 2004 experience. SoM is based on things we’ve seen with Private servers like Class/Spec changes and other design adjustments.

There are people like you who want to relive the glory days and there are others who want the Vanilla game but with modern QoL changes as well as more spec representation. Lucky for you we have both.

4 Likes

Just because they showed floating models of tbc in deadmines doesn’t mean we can change classic spells to tbc spells.
It just means maybe we can see a glimpse of tbc in classic. Maybe make a classic version of outlands.

And No. SoM is based off of having pre nerfed bosses and no world buffs.

4 Likes

For this Season it is. Do you really think future Seasons are going to be the same as this one? Get a grip.

Just changing the Debuff limit is a huge change to the game. You never saw Affliction Locks in Raids back in the day and now they’re predicted to be at or near the top because of that one change. This is just the first small step.

1 Like

Take 2 garhering professions and vendor everything. Training the needed abilities won’t be a problem.

Mob grinds also help.

1 Like

Also just buy the Skills you’re going to use while leveling.

For example if you’re a Mage leveling as Frost you don’t really need any Arcane or Fire damage spells outside of Fireblast and maybe AE. Saves a lot of Gold.

1 Like

So far, the public would not agree with you. On PVE AU server about 50 new characters are still being seen every hour. It’s still early days, but activity is WAY up from regular classic and I would so far consider it a success.

4 Likes

They should make it that we can unlock ashbringer if we don’t die on ALL 8 classes

Better if it’s soul iron buff for PvE and if horde kills you you have to start over. And if you reached 60 without dying and completed all raids without dying while participating and not afking then after you complete your last raid like naxx. Your character is saved with a saved state or checkpoint. So you are safe. And you have to do thesame thing on ALL other 8 classes. However. If you fail on say your third or 5th class or 6th 7th or 8th. Then the 1st characters saved checkpoint is gone. You have to start all over again at 0. That would be ultra hard though. Or blizzard can make it that you are saved per class so if you fail on the 2nd char. You don’t need to delete the first or one before it. I think that’s optimal.

It saves on each player checkpoint after naxx so if you do all raids and die, it is still saved. Or maybe it doesn’t save and if you die it resets to 0. If it doesn’t then that’s ultra hard mode.

Because players are avoiding each other out of fear and chickening for grouping up or doing dungeons or while questing. Why doesn’t blizzard beat this problem by just making the soul of iron buff have two ways to unlock ashbringer.

One is to do PvP and survive long enough for 1000 games on ALL 8 classes.

Or second one is you can pick the buff at level 60 and if you die with the

It also resets at first character and not forces you to relevel your first character because some people might not know about the buff before it’s too late and they might waste it when they are level 1. So to be fair. Make it that even after you die on your first character. You can rebuff the buff and get it again. You just need to unlock ashbringer by not dying on ALL 8 CLASSES.
It resets back to the first class. You have saved states. if you die anywhere from your 2nd to 8th different class character then if you had not died on your first and completed all raids (without afking) then you are saved on your first character. Or may be you’re not saved to your first character. But you can still get the buff again and start at 0 classes completed.

So it’s very hard and only some people can get it.

Cry more

2 Likes

ftfy, you are not we.
I’m fine with SoM , still think a couple of minor adjustments would be nice to match the rep and income to the faster leveling. But yea, I get why they ask for this.

1 Like