SOM Re-Transfer for Those Who Took Initial Transfer to Eranikus (WOTLK Classic)

Hello,

I recently transferred my Season of Mastery Rogue - Boonja (Now Boonga) to Eranikus thinking that it would be the only option for WOTLK servers, as that is what was originally communicated to the classic community. Considering the updated post by Blizzard, will I be able to move my character again for free with the new stated restrictions?

I would love to play my toon on the server that I have all of my roots built into (Whitemane - WOTLK). Either way, I feel as though people who took the initial transfer to Eranikus deserve to have a new option available to them as we were unaware that the circumstances would drastically change 2 days after the initial announcement. In addition, the original announcement made it clear that the characters would be deleted if not transferred, which added pressure to make the move.

I’ve had a ticket in for a week - Ticket Number: US87720600; and have not been given any further clarification from anyone at Blizzard / Community Council.

I’ve posted multiple times on various forum sections, but have not been able to have any luck with engagement by anyone from Blizz.

I think it is extremely unfair to lock those of us into this initial transfer, considering the significant deviation from the original post/plan for Season of Mastery Toons.

Please send help.

2 Likes

Unfortunately CS has no say, your best bet would be to put a suggestion post on the classic forum, or in game.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/season-of-mastery-transfers-update-nov-1/1375029/2

Neither CC or MVP would have any other information besides what is posted, and you may not get feedback based on your posts or suggestions, everyone would like that but it’s not always possible given the amount of posts, sorry.

5 Likes

Yeah, I just took a look at the suggestion module in the customer support tab (in game). It’s limited to 500 characters, and states you will not receive a response.

How exactly is this helpful?

I deserve a response to my issue, from someone who can help rectify it.

If the development team wants to provide a reply, it will be via a Community manager over in the Classic WotLK general forums.

That said, if the developers decide to open up free transfers, it will also be posted over there. As Kozzae mentioned, this isn’t a CS decision.

3 Likes

My only thoughts are:

A: You can close your ticket, CS can not help you with the issue.

B: You are not guaranteed a response, sorry.

C: You could probably do a paid character transfer if the option is avaliable and the character is not locked from the free transfer, which it should not be.

3 Likes

A: You can close your ticket, CS can not help you with the issue.

I am a customer in need of support, how exactly can CS (assuming it stands for customer support) not help me?

B: You are not guaranteed a response, sorry.

Yikes.

C: You could probably do a paid character transfer if the option is avaliable and the character is not locked from the free transfer, which it should not be.

I cannot do a paid transfer with the same rules that apply to the transfer given to the characters from season of mastery, my options are extremely limited, the same rule set does not apply.

In addition to this, you’re completely glossing over the fact that I’m being penalized for acting on official blizzard communication. In their initial post, they intimate that the characters left on SOM servers would be deleted “soon”, so naturally I wanted to move my character as soon as possible. Just so happens that the entire ruleset changed two days after the aforementioned official communication to the classic community.

That’s not how GMs work. You don’t open a ticket and make demands outside of their control. I mean, you can try, but it won’t work and you’ll be waiting a couple of weeks to be told that it’s not up to CS to open up transfers.

No, you’re not being penalized in any way. You are just not happy with current offers that were not available previously.

4 Likes

Can agree to disagree, I suppose.

1 Like

Mr. MVP

How is being told your character that you have spent countless days/months/years playing is going to be able to transfer to WOTLK. Once you finally see that they announce not only you’re able to but if you do not do it now it will “Deleted Soon”. They give you ONE OPTION to Transfer to WOTLK. Listening to Direct Blizzard communication they go and change the rules based on COMMUNITY FEEDBACK within 48 hours.
Not only are we stuck on a server that has a lack of community it is a Latino dominated server (Alliance) making it extremely difficult to even communicate. Thus listening to what they said was the ONLY Option or your character is going to be deleted left a big portion of players who saw the ONE server they gave you the option of was already showing a population of “Full” which runs the risk of having the typical sudden “locked” and with the recent hot streak of new servers would leave you high and dry on a dead server.

So yes he is being Penalized a huge portion of us are. We followed the rules and didn’t want to run the risk of losing our characters.

Recommended fix - Allow these characters that used SoM to Eranikus a Free transfer off

Easy Fix - Allow these characters to at the bare minimum be able to pay transfer to Any Server they already have a character on regardless of locked full etc.

Blizzard typical fix - Do nothing change their minds and let those who listened suck it up and pay for something in the future when they decide they need a influx in cash.

4 Likes

Honestly, I’m not really a forum enjoyer so I’m a little bit out of my depth on what exactly a “MVP” is, but to be frank, my thought on your comments here are that you clearly just don’t care to put yourself into my shoes for a second. I invested a lot of time into my Season of Mastery character, and feel as though I’ve been cheated out of an opportunity to continue playing and progressing that character. Your responses to my post lack any empathy.

Hope “MVP” doesn’t mean you speak on behalf of anything remotely near to Blizzard, because if so that’s just tragic.

2 Likes

An MVP is just another player. I’m not employed by Blizz.

Empathy can be tricky when replying in a text style format. People tend to read things however they want to see them.

7 Likes

I transferred my toons from som to wotlk classic. The toons showed up after a few hours but I am missing a ton of potions and elixers I had on som. Does it maybe take time for everything to come over?

No Duncan - characters should transfer exactly as they were.

3 Likes