SoM quest exp change to 40%

Ok, so why was this changed out of curiosity?

3 Likes

You’re saying xp bonus went from 25% to 40%? AWESOME!

I hope by phase 3 they make the xp bonus 75% or even 100% so new players will come to the game, and alts easier to level.

9 Likes

My concern with it is from a “gold per hour” stand. Now I’m leveling 40% faster and yes have to pay attention to what skills you want vs need. Now you kind of have to “farm” along side questing. Which isn’t a problem for someone like me, but might be a problem for someone like you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hear ya, but it will equalize out since you’ll have saved hours leveling and can go farm something which shouldn’t take too long compared to before.

1 Like

LOL, it actually is 40% now. Man, Blizz just sell boosts. You know you want to.

7 Likes

The 25% extra XP felt good as in terms of pacing, specially for starting zones, you didn’t have to skip a lot of quest lines.

I just think that 40% is too much, I’d rather see something like increased drop rates for quest items, so we can do more quests in less time instead of just butchering the whole questing progression.

Just look at the whole Nagrand zone rework that was done in Wrath, that was a great way of streamlining the leveling process without hurting the overall questing experience.

5 Likes

b/c instead of having 2 years of releasing content its now all in 1? 2 months b4 tbc came out people were complaining about how there wasnt enough time to level other alts and finish getting gear they needed. why wouldn’t they increase it

2 Likes

40% is way too much

7 Likes

Good lord, the 25% change was the only one I didn’t agree with. I could look past it though, but 40% is laughable…

8 Likes

This is Blizzard’s 'solution ’ to mage boosting.

And people really don’t think they’re putting the least amount of effort into Classic as possible.

4 Likes

…Has anyone honestly complained about the exp changes?
Another rando change literally no one asked for lmao.

3 Likes

They are probably testing it and wanting feedback. Just because it is in the beta doesn’t mean it will be 40% in the final release.

Relax people. The purpose of the beta is to test things. They can revert it back to 25% or somewhere in between pretty easily if 40% seems to fast.

Just post constructive feedback and not doomer posts.

9 Likes

yes, I agree 40% feels like too much. this is a beta though so hopefully they will not go live with this.

2 Likes

Ok I’ll attempt to put a positive spin on this. Let’s say they want to make the leveling process less daunting, particularly for alts. With only a 12 month cycle players aren’t likely to make several characters if they have to spend months leveling. So if the exp bonus encourages players who otherwise simply wouldn’t make an alt to do so, then the world remains at least somewhat alive and active.

It’s certainly better than selling boosts.

6 Likes

It is a beta and they are testing things and also probably want some 60s to test end stuff as well more.

are people actually playing right now because the beta realms keep showing offline for me :frowning:

40% is cool with me. Thanks Blizz.

10 Likes

That’s awesome Why I can tell you the reason Is because we’re only having a year instead of 2 for 1.

secondly There’s a lot of points where you one either don’t have any quests to do too it’s just a grind and it’s the most tedious boring thing in the world.

In my opinion at least The worst level range was Is 30 and up after that leveling just dragged.

And people don’t want to be stuck in zones doing mindless grinding for hours on end maybe I personally think It should be 75% faster.

I mean if you really want to push it sure you can get to In A-day I’m OK with that.

For your more average players it’s probably going to be 3 to 4 that’s OK it’s goi didn’t take you months on enter each 60.

1 Like

so true especially for certain classes with having to flop between dps and a dungeon roll. exp: prot warr, healers

around lvls 45-54 as a prot tank is rough if ur not grinding dungeons 24/7 and even then they get really really boring doing them for the 50th time till u can fully run brd

1 Like

It’s amazing people still try to perpetuate this lie. By 1.12 there were plenty of quests to hit max without having to grind kills.

3 Likes