SoM does not pass the common sense Smell Test

Folks were sweaty as hell during Classic. Players were already raiding all the content over and over, and with multiple toons.

The raids were never intended to be crushed upon release. People will actually need to learn mechanics. Big deal.

Not everyone is entitled to their “BiS” crap, nor is everyone entitled to see all the content.

Besides, what does “common sense” smell like, anyway?

4 Likes

I gotta say the first go round with classic was pretty grindy. I don’t see this as any more grindy other than longer raid times. Maybe you don’t get as many MCs and BWLs in as you wanted to but thats not a bad thing. You don’t get the few pieces that everyone thinks is bis and have to settle for 2nd or 3rd as good. Thats not a big a problem as you seem to think. Our guild downed Loatheb and patchwerk without world buffs and didn’t have any thunderfurys. We had done Naxx for maybe 2 weeks before we had a botched add pull and lost buffs. We just kept going and actually did 3/4s of naxx in 3 and change hours.

Its okay to not clear stuff the first week. Its okay to have to farm gear from the bosses you know you can kill for the first few lockouts. Its okay if you only kill KT by the skin of your teeth with that pally bubbled and dumping his last bit of mana in to holy wrath.

This will be harder but some metas will change and some wont. We’ll find new ways to get by on things and thats the fun part. Its okay that its not “hard” and just longer now but it forsure is not impossible.

3 Likes

My main concern is that with the increased hp and less gear, it’s going to be “Season of Melee” even more than it was originally. Longer execute phase paired with unlimited resource of rage and energy is going to be too good.

2 Likes

That is a fair concern and if a guild wanted to focus heavily on melee they might do quite well but that doesn’t mean you have to. There will be plenty of guilds out there that run with all kinds of mana users.

People said the same thing before classic launched. Ret will never have a raid spot, pally’s wont be able to tank in raid, no boomie is ever going to see Rag but it didn’t turn out that way at all. I was a prot pally through phase 3 to 6 and never looked back. I did all the content and my guild and I had a great time.

Maybe with the quicker pace I won’t be guilted into helping guildies farm their SGC and HOJ more than 100 or 200 times lol.

Them: “Hey, buddy want to tank some quick BRD runs?”
Me: “SORRY CANT THINGS ARE MOVING TOO FAST IN THIS SEASON OF MASTERY”

3 Likes

I love when people say this stuff from an anonymous char especially when I’m clearly posting from a classic toon. Stop gatekeeping your favorite game. you’re not helping anyone.

2 Likes

Some guilds will be stuck clearing BWL while other guilds are doing naxx, just like it was back in the day. I am perfectly OK with being in either one of those guilds during SOM.

2 Likes

Dozens of pservers prove you wrong. You people said the exact same stuff 3 years ago about classic. You were wrong then and you’re wrong now.

First of all, yes it is harder when bosses have more health. Longer fights means more room for error, more mana management, etc. Second, they said there will be new mechanics as well, so you’re wrong on both levels.

1 Like

You’re acting like it’s going to take 2.5 hours to clear MC. It really won’t.

Most guilds cleared MC/BWL/Ony in one night regardless of WBs. Sometimes you’d get an unlucky wipe early in the night and everyone would lose their WBs and get all salty… Yet all the content still got cleared in one night regardless.

I predict 60 minute MC runs will turn into 1:20. 45 mins BWL runs will turn into an hour. It really won’t be that bad.

I’m more worried that the raids will end up feeling basically the same.

It’s a marathon type of season. If you don’t like it wait for the next season. This is super interesting to me

1 Like

You seem to know a lot about game design for a server that won’t see past BWL, at best.

yes, this is by far the more likely outcome

yes yes, and classic wow would be dead in a week am i rite

Last classic guilds were literally taking 10+ hours to clear MC early on. And I mean a lot of them. That was of course, with world buffs

It’ll be a month, will be underwhelming from launch tho

lol, that would be quite embarrassing.

What do you mean? That’s how it was early on, 6 months later bwl came out.

I never spent 10 hours clearing MC, even early on. Don’t really know what you’re yackin about.

That’s funny because in a previous post you stated you didn’t play classic at all, because it didn’t suit you but now SoM does. Nice try frostfire

2 Likes

First of all, world buffs disappear after the first wipe so, no, they didn’t have them.

Secondly, it wasn’t 10 hours. You’re embellishing. It was more like 4 or 5 max.

Third, if you’re talking about the first couple weeks of Classic, that really doesn’t compare. Most people took a month or more to level… so it took time to even get enough people to attempt MC.

Raids were being assembled with 28/40 full of 58’s in quest greens. So, yeah… . it’s no surprise that took awhile. The fact that they could even seriously attempt it… proves how easy the content would become.