SoM characters should be able to transfer to any realm they want

Horde was doomed to fail regardless because of how pve centric som was in general

2 Likes

I have simply stated that it was not something I personally wanted or expected. I understood that seasonal could mean a wipe at the end which is why once beta for SoM was completed and they announced you could move to Era on conclusion if you wished was surprising to me. I’m not against that nor am I against the further change in terms that was announced in August to allow movement to a Wrath server. It’s not something I am choosing it was, as it appeared to me, an unexpected gift from Blizzard.

Do I believe that the potential benefit to Era was harmed by the additional option? In my opinion yes. If someone wanted to continue playing that beloved character at level 60, my feeling is that Era is the best place for that. Others feel differently and that’s fine. Again disagreement isn’t trolling or toxic or out of place here. Those of us that see no issue with the decision that Blizzard reached regarding transfers to Wrath are welcome to voice that here as that’s the purpose of the forum.

I am not entirely pleased and have put forward one primary suggestion: include Earthfury in the transfer destination along with (or better yet, in place of) Eranikus. I get that Blizzard wants this new realm they spun up during the queue crisis to be successful but the health of a long standing server like Earthfury is, I would argue, even more important.

edit the Blizz thread for SoM transfers was unpinned at approx 2:50p EDT so perhaps something is happening
edit2 so this happened

So now my question is does this mean that realms that are locked now are planning to be unlocked by the time SoM transfers are enabled? Or will those locked realms still be unable to receive transfers? Because if you are allowing SoM characters to bypass locks this is extremely unfair to those on the locked servers that want to get all of their characters currently in Wrath consolidated on their main/locked server.

2 Likes
1 Like

It would of been fine if everyone stayed yes, but it wasn’t the case, I was one of the last to leave after my guild disbanded, do you think I should of stayed there to impress you? Was I supposed to run MC solo? How about 5 man’s, could I of done them solo?

1 Like

Arielba just being Arielba. Has to comment on anything and be derogatory

1 Like

Transfer will be opened, but read this:

Additionally, we’ll soon be removing the restriction from Classic Era realms that prevents players from having both Horde and Alliance characters on the same PvP realm. This should make it easier to consolidate your characters in the same place on Classic Era, should you choose to move your SoM characters there.

This is so not Classic!

same. sometimes I would let hordies get a kill, just so they were happy :expressionless:

We won Myste, gg get rekt Miffy, Despitebeing lol owned

2 Likes

True, the guy didn’t even know what diamond flask was until about a month ago, I shouldn’t bother arguing with him seeing as he clearly doesn’t even play the game.

1 Like

/salute comrade

1 Like

Owned. But you are responsible FoR yOuR aCtIoNs!

2 Likes

Also Aggrend, I knew you were the homie

1 Like

Nope there should be a destination realm for them. You’re lucky you get to come here anyway.

Imo they should have gave you all a new locked server. No transfers inbound or outbound.

They just said it’s been changed, you’re too late to troll, you lost.

1 Like

Hey, thanks everyone for making noise. Even if you agreed or disagreed with the outcome, I’m just glad we could all come together and discuss what should’ve been done.

6 Likes

I didn’t lose anything. I’m not trying to troll anyone. It’s how I felt. SOM had unfair advantages over classic. Your progression and achievements are a lie.

Hahaha this dudes so bitter lol
Ok so you’re playing a 58 DK and we’re going to be playing a level 60 warr/lock/mage/etc is that really unfair?
My character in grobb who I played since day 1 of classic launch doesn’t even have the aq20 achievement which I did hundreds of runs for, do you really think our som chars are going to have all the right achievements, highly doubt, don’t even care about achieves, just happy to play with friends

“Your achieves and progression are all a lie!”
Literally does not even affect you anyways

3 Likes

Yoooooo we did it

3 Likes

Who cares bro, it is a video game. Classic really just ends after wrath anyways. Let’s not forget wrath is THE easiest wow expansion of all time. Literally

1 Like

lmao I transferred this dude to eranikus already. But at least blizz realized their mistake.
I need to stop paying for these intial garbage decisions followed by dmg control. GL everybody.

3 Likes