[Solved] CTRL Macro not working

[TL;DR] If having trouble with CTRL Macro key binding, check ESC --> Key Bindings --> Action Bar --> Pet Action Bar #s

I was fortunate enough to find the answer to a predicament I was having with my macro bindings using google’s cached versions of old blizzard forum threads. And boy, did I think I needed to share it with everyone to help players having the same problem in the future.

I had bound my 1-4 keys to a CTRL macro, but they would not cast when I would press CTRL+#. It was because the CTRL+(1-4) keys were already bound to the pet action bar (for hunters). Nonetheless, if you press ESC while in game, and go to key bindings, all you have to do is change the key binding under the ‘Action Bar’ selection in the left window pane for the Pet Bar.

I simply unbound my defaults, but you could always change the bindings to something else.

I feel like I should note that perhaps it would be of best interest for the betterment of all video game development if a company such as astute as Blizzard would be so kind as to change the Pet Bar bindings’ defaults. Or at least notify people before using the CTRL key macro binding key.

PS. Check me out in PvP :wink:

7 Likes

Thanks dude!

Wow 3 years later and still helpful. Thank you! Never would have figured that out myself.