SOLVED: Can't download game, stuck on initializing

/* Edit

so I solved this issue by doing 2 things,

#1 - Make sure you are not limiting your downloaded. At the top left there is a Blizzard symbol click then and go to your settings. Then go to Downloads. Make sure you are not limiting your bandwidth (just uncheck those boxes)

#2 - If the first step doesn’t solve your problem then go back to settings, select beta and switch to the beta version. Once I did that I was able to download WoW

This not downloading problem was ONLY for retail WoW. I tried downloading Over Watch (before I switched to the beta) and had no issues whatsoever

end of Edit */

Decided to come back to the game, setup a subscription but totally unable to install the game as it won’t get past initializing

I have deleted my old WoW folder
I have uninstall/reinstall Battle App
I do not use a VPN
I have 450GB of free space on my SSD

I literally have no idea what to do, I did do some searching and the only thing I was able to find is a post saying this is a Blizzard issue with the problem revolving around a CDN issue (some abbreviation for something)

How exactly am I supposed to install this game?

edit: After letting it go it now Paused the download when I tried to restart I got this error, BLZBNTBNA00000006. Clicking the error doesn’t help me

1 Like

same problem here
i have free spae on SSD, unistall and install again i dont use VPN too and nothing
I try every step and still not able to download it

Not sure if anyone will see this but I was able to refund my subscription. I will see if this problem gets fixed and once I’m able to install the game I will resub

1 Like

Try some of the things listed in the support article maybe that will help.

I did, didn’t work

sometimes it takes bit of time to start the download (15 + mins for the launcher to sort it’s crap out)

1 Like

If I let it go it just pauses itself and when I try to restart it it gives me an error. I’m trying to download again right now but I don’t think it is going to work

Also if you can see this I’m surprised I can still post here since I refunded my subscription

if you have two computers and one downloads without problems use a USB3 drive (if you have one)and copy the Battle net and World of Warcraft folders to the computer that is having the problem or see if World of Warcraft files are set to read only … read only will stop the files from updating

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.