Solution for Twinking problem

You’re right there, but considering the current system already scales their gear, they’re already somewhat nerfed in a way anyhow. If you made a bracket for that had no scaling whatsoever, their gear would be used to it’s fullest potential. Yes, you’re right and this would be their preferred bracket, and going casual would negate the benefits of their gear, but they wouldn’t permanently be relegated to that mode. You would select which type of BG you wanted to play in on the LFG screen just like you select whether you want a casual, or rated BG.

Twink players may not necessarily like going into casual games, but casual players don’t like them being there either. The point of this solution is to be a compromise that at least satisfactorily accommodates both groups to a reasonable extent, while also potentially giving Blizzard something out of it. Since there would be no strict restriction, either group could play with the other on their terms.

When you have to compromise your ideology of fun you start to ask yoursef is it fun anymore.

Separating the xpon from xpoff allows players to pursue what they enjoy about Battleground PvP. If you want to farm undergeared players you risk leveling out (eliminating said twink from bracket). If you want to twink out with your pvp out you can to your hearts content. And if your aim is to just coast through the leveling process (queue for dungeon and bg while questing) with minimal facerolling then you are taken care of as well.

See no compromise on anyone’s part there. The troll will have to start from scratch to grief levelers, the twinks will beable to compete with other twinks and levelers can play as casual as they want without interfering with the experience of the elitists. Win win for all. The trolls might have to put in a little more time to get what they want but no one is denying them the simple pleasures of melting noobs.

And that’s the point of making all these threads really… you may be right that my suggestion isn’t much different than some of the other suggestions to simply hard segregate players based on whether or not they’re xp on or off, but at least this solution leaves the option open.

The hope here is that Blizzard doesn’t just make the situation worse by doing something that affects other aspects of game play in unexpected or negative ways. To me this just seems like the best compromise all around.

Maybe you’re right, but on the other hand, who knows… maybe they’ll go out into the world and gank questers to get the pleasure of blasting noobs… I don’t see a whole lot of world PvP going on these days, and that’s a sad thing. Then again with war mode, 9 times out of 10 the players they’d be ganking would have it deactivated and wave at them or something.

Man, all this discussion just makes me yearn even more for the Vanilla re-release.

EDIT
I must also be one of those weird people who queue up for BG’s while questing with the objective of not just coasting through, but to do well and smash face. Of course, it doesn’t make sense to gear out an alt with all the best items since that would drain my bank very quickly, so whenever I come against twink players, it just ruins the whole experience for me. For people who don’t care and just want to coast through and level, well… they don’t care. What else is there to say?

The twink situation alone has caused a significant amount of wow players in my gaming circle to unsub. I tried my best to keep them interested but they weren’t having it. It sucks having your gaming buddies ditch you over something so ridiculous as random battlegrounds. But the frustration produced from rendering a player utterly useless and preventing them from playing based on gear/items difference (while leveling and learning the game) is real. No one wants to get frustrated over a game, it stops being fun and they go else where.

From the looks of the forums it’s a shared conclusion and will only get worse as time goes on if left unchecked (nerfing a few OP items and enchants is like putting a band aid on a bullet wound, not a solution).

1 Like

A massive overhaul which solely affects the lower brackets is not a little bandaid.
Balancing gear/item/enchants is huge.

Complaints about class/spec and premades will still be very much prevalent.

I refer you to this. This person is absolutely correct in what he posted. Twinks need to be in their own xp off queues. You were involved in that convo as well.

1 Like

If you knew I was involved in that conversation, then why would you bother referring me back there?

This idea is different than his, so I decided I’d make my own thread addressing the issue.

1 Like

Honor levels do not indicate player pvp ability, skill, or time played before legion.

I skipped most of legion and just got over honor level 30.

I had rival this season before I was honor level 30.

I had all the heirlooms upgraded to 100+ before honor level 30.

If I played more horde I’d probably still be under honor level 30 since I wouldn’t have the alliance bonus.

My point is, if you skipped legion (or any significant part of it) you can be sub honor level 30 and still have heirlooms, twinks, really anything from the other 5+ expansions.

Honor level just means you’ve been pvping since legion. That’s not a good level to scale things at.

1 Like

Yea but the “new player” will start at honor level 0. If you’re not new then heirlooms/dungeon gear is enough.

I understand that, but literally any player who didn’t play in legion will have a sub 30 honor level.

This game gets lots of return players, and honor levels are still relatively new.

Putting me in with brand new players in October before I was honor level 30 would not have been fun for them as I would have been as virtually brutal as twinks are currently.

Literally anyone coming back to wow for bfa would not be honor level 30 but could easily be a competent non “new” player.

Take out the twinks and that’s what you have still. New players (which some people bring up in their arguments) vs not new.

an easy solution would be to just only allow instanced pvp at level cap.

Must be fighting crappy twinks then. All my loomed out alts get erased in a few seconds.

3 Likes

Certain classes do this to me, like Warrior/rogue

This is just another reason why trying to fix this whole mess by tweaking gear is a fool’s errand. Sure, there are problems, but it’s a big ugly rat’s nest of a problem to the point that Blizzard would be better off throwing everything out and starting from scratch on literally every aspect of the game. At that point they might as well just make a new game altogether. You can’t mess with gear in the hopes that you’ll fix BG play without having some kind of profound effect somewhere else in the game that you hadn’t anticipated. Eventually you’re playing whack-a-mole chasing problems for eternity.

Simply doing a hard segregation of on/off XP players where neither can interact with one another in BG’s is just as foolish, because while you may fix the problem for on xp players, off xp players will have intolerably long queues given how few of them there are, and when they do finally get to play, they’ll more likely than not be playing 75-90% of the same people they play every game. After a while it gets boring.

My solution AT LEAST gives either type of player the choice to play with the others, even though there will be obvious preferences for both sides.

I’m sure there are more than a few on xp players who wouldn’t mind throwing down with highly geared twinks if they went in with the expectation that they’re gonna come out of it sore and bruised. Maybe I’m a minority in this respect, but I’d probably go in and play my last couple of levels in a bracket like that just to see how I stack up.

If you switch xp off, it should be like warmode. You only see xp off players. Simples.

2 Likes

Well, I’ve explained my reasons for disagreeing with this statement. My only hope at this point is that Blizzard sees these suggestions, and doesn’t botch things up by doing something silly.

1 Like

Yeah by keeping xp off in the leveling population? Ok I’m out enjoyed the debates on the forum here. Thanks!

1 Like

that is the best thing I have heard.

2 Likes

This idea is essentially legion with wargames on the side for, Would this casual bracket also turn off enchants? wouldn’t want heirloom levelers to have an advantage with +7 stats to chest or weapon enchants now would we?

Actually I would miss being able to manage my own stats in bgs even as a leveler but legion templates wouldn’t kill it for me.