Solo Shuffle Healer Gain Rating 3-3

I know this has been addressed before, but I just want to add one additional opinion on the matter.

This is the second season I’ve been healing so I’m not going to say that I am amazing or anything, but I definitely feel the chronic annoyance of being a healer in SS. I could look past it last season when the meta was melee and it felt like healers had more of a leading role given all the constant damage. It really felt like a struggle between healers as there was limited ways to stop the constant damage, so you just had to heal through it. In this new caster meta (which I am perfectly fine with), its more about set up and honestly has a higher skill cap. Because of that, my rating climb is stagnating. I can heal my brains out, but I can’t also do all the dps cc job for them - especially as a disc priest. I think the last 5 games of SS, I’ve went 3-3, most of the time with one dps going 0-6. This isn’t me or the other healers failure and isn’t a reflection of our skill. Knock me down rating if I suck, that’s fine, but this is wasting my limited time. Primary reason I play healer is because I don’t have time to wait on long SS ques for DPS. When DPS go 4-2 because of a 0-6 player they gain rating and I agree with this outcome - especially as DPS have longer que times.

In conclusion, I would like to add my voice behind the chorus of voices I 've already seen that promote healers still gaining rating/MMR if they go 3-3. It doesn’t have to be a lot, maybe 15-30 or so. It may increase healer participation and eventually when my skill cap is hit I will go 1-5 or 2-4 and stay at that rating until I improve.

7 Likes

Your rating is also stagnated because the best players are not allowed to climb beyond 2400 yet.

so it pushes you into a lower rating than maybe you would have when the rank 1 players were around 3000.

I type this post. Next game. Rogue goes and opens every time on opposite side of map leaving 2 casters between him and his healer. He is out of 40 yd range and therefore we have to try to cross map to get to him → cyclone, stun, fear, ect → death. He does this every game. Again, this isn’t my fault but I’m suffering in this meta and wasting my time. The dps go 4-2 and therefore gain rating. Again, just a small rating increase for healers who go 3-3 as my time is again wasted.

Also, i changed the avatar, sorry for confusion.

1 Like

If your win rate/mmr is higher than your rating going 3-3 will give you rating because 3-3 means nothing changes.

If you do the math. 3/3 = 1. 1 is positive. therefore you gain rating.

Opposite occurs with a downward trend on MMR and a negative win rate.

No point in rss anymore with the honor and conquest nerfs. Arenas are quicker to cap.

Except if the average MMR in the group is lower and you go 3-3 then your MMR can go down and so when you finally drop one game and go 2-4 then you take a large rating decrease. I have no control over who I’m paired with and their MMR. Maybe if just MMR went up every time you go 3-3 you could slowly rising in rating, it would make winning give you more rating, and losing hurt less when you finally do drop the ball when you should have gone 3-3 and instead for 4-2 - the difference of which can be sometimes a single button push.

Depends on what your MMR is. going 3-3 may make your MMR go down but it still is a net positive.

I enjoy SS and there is a shortage of healers. I 'd like to play, but don’t want to waste time as stated prior. Give me a little carrot stick of mild rating increase for 3-3 and I’d be set.

2 Likes

Yeah healing shuffle is total garbage at the moment, haven’t checked since yesterday but at the time there was 0 healers above 2400 in the entire US lol. Pretty cringe statistic going into week 3. Between the Ret rework disaster and this, it’s almost like Blizz is intentionally trying to kill off PvP.

I still enjoy healing for some odd reason so I made a same spec alt to just que chill games on repeat and not worry about WL or climbing. Will wait for inflation to kick in more before any serious pushing.

I agree but at this point blizz is could on how to fix rss. I only queue rss to troll. I’ve added some people and been doing 2s/3s on main.
Rss was good when the honor and conquest was better

I hear what you are saying, but it’s like saying that it’s a net positive to make an extra dollar per year. Yeah it’s positive, but so small it’s hard to notice and doesn’t feel impactful. When playing a game, you want to feel impactful/reward or what is the point?

When its calculating the total gained rating if you went 4-2 you might have gotten 5 extra points. So the difference is at a minimum until you start losing more to a negative win rate and lower than lobby MMR. Then you will start to get 0 points for 3-3. Meaning the system has determined that you are where your MMR says you need to be. The only way to correct this is to go on a win streak or get 4-2 for many matches in a row.

I want to gear my rdruid but I’ll just keep it in 2s and 3s. Won’t even try to take it into rss

The system doesn’t take into account the rogue mentioned above. I went 3-3 4-5 x today for the same reason of melee running behind pillars vs range. Every game, there is player going 1-5 or 0-6. That is the entire point, it isn’t a reflection of my skill but theirs. That isn’t an accurate reflection of the range dps who get a 4-2 win because a rando suicided every game and goes 0-6. But they get rating and l stagnate. That is the point.

DPS want healers to go 3-3.

When healers go 3-3, it means they had little effect on the game, and it was mostly about the DPS.

The worst thing for DPS is when healers go 6-0 / 0-6.

On the other hand, healers are miserable when they go 3-3 and get 0 rating, especially multiple games in a row. It’s not fun/enjoyable making 0 progress after a lot of time/effort.

If you want healers to queue up and be ok with frequent 3-3 games, give them something so they feel like they’re making some progress and they didn’t waste their time/effort. After all, in RSS, healers are mainly there so DPS can have fun.

2 Likes

I’d be ok with 10 cr for going 3-3. Anything more seems out of line for basically breaking even at a rating where you technically belong.

With that said I suspect this will just lead healers to complaining about losing all of their hard earned 3-3 rating with one 2-4 lobby once they climb too high and get knocked back down to where they belong and they will be back here asking for the +30 for going 3-3.

Looking at my stats I have only ever gone 0-6 one time and that was yesterday.

Other than that very few matches are below 3-3. averaging a 59% win rate.
Here’s my match examples for the last few days:
imgur com/a/kmWJiKk

For the day I net +83 rating with a 59% win rate.

And I’m happy for you. You deserve to go up. As I previously stated, in my experience every match damn near 3-3 primarily due to one dps going 0-6 or 1-5. Again, referencing my original post, this is due to the caster meta. If one player is weaker in set ups, they get destroyed. This is different than last seasons meta. You may feel insufficiently rewarded but you did go up nearly 100 pts with a day worth of play. I have been stagnant with the same time input despite not losing because of my skill. That’s the entire issue. All healers want is a way to at least slow climb.

I appreciate your input. I think even 10 would be welcome. I do understand your concern about then c/o of losing excessive points. All healers have lost matches for dps failing to do basics and it is frustrating just like DPS have lost due to healer fails. I would argue last season it was more on the healers where this season is more on the dps. I’m not sure how the system would work, but maybe if the loss from a single loss no matter the MMR wasn’t excessive (say 10 points) but then the second could start hurting. That way if a healer in my position climbs 60 points due to 6 3-3 in a row, then suffers a loss then they are down to 50. If they lose again though, then it drops harder to reflect that they weren’t ready for the level of play. Or were just really unlucky, but that’s a fact of life that sometimes things don’t go your way.

So do you want to lose more when you go 2-4? Because if not, healers would be getting rating even if they had a negative win/loss ratio.

This would break mmr and make rating pointless.