Solo Self-Found Mode

Or Ironman mode, if you play Runescape. I was wondering where the rest of the community is with this type of suggestion:

Solo self-found (SSF)/Ironman Mode Rules:

1. No trading or use of AH.
  2. Limitless lives (Can PvP for rewards).

This is obviously a much more lax version of the current Hardcore mode from the community.

I’m not a fan of Hardcore or 1-life modes. I am currently playing Hardcore on my second character and there was a very disheartening feeling when I lost my first character. All of that time spent was just thrown down gutter. (I know there are some folks who don’t mind this playstyle).

A standard SSF mode would be nice for those who want to experience a solo Warcraft mode and work for the items that they want without a fear of losing progress after a death. An example would be something like enchants on your gear would automatically become prestigious because you know that the person trained their Blacksmithing up to make an Arcanite Rod, then dropped it for Enchanting.

This type of playstyle would be a long character-development journey that I think some folks would enjoy.

What do you think?

1 Like

I mean yeah people have already been playing WoW like this for a very long time, me included. I think that, unlike 1 life, SSF works best when there are no systems built to support it and when there’s not a dedicated server or community. The fun of SSF, IMO, is to have the discipline and game knowledge to go it alone in a world where everyone is trading and grouping and playing normally. There’s no discipline in simply having features removed.

It’s an mmo

Yes it is.

Yep,
Massive Multiplayer Online.
I see nothing there about how you approach it though. There isn’t really a wrong way to play this game. People have been quietly playing their characters solo for years. No one got all shook up about it then.
2OP, I just can’t get on board with multiple lives, it defeats the purpose of hardcore. Definitely a different take though.