Solo Qs are rough my dudes

Note this is for warriors:

The AQ set is basically outright better than the PVP Epic set (similar offensive stats, much better melee mitigation), so you should target that after R10.

Unless you don’t plan to do AQ for some reason?

Also as far as warriors go, nearly all of our lategame scaling power comes from getting Dark Edge of Insanity and then Corrupted Ashbringer or Might of Menethil as weapons.

There aren’t really that many superior PVP gear upgrades beyond those and a couple other things in Naxx like bracers/belt/ring.

you still want to keep 3 pieces for set bonus though.

I notice that you finished your PvP grind at a nondescript point; so what point do you think you’re making? If someone was trying to grind to r1, did they then finish their PvP grind after 15 kills and therefore the ranking system works perfectly? Get a clue.

I agree.

I’m hoping AQ actually puts a dramatic damper on the premade problem we are having.

I say premade problem because it certainly is just that. It’s to the point that unless you want to do a FULL group you might as well not Q into battlegrounds.

I keep saying this, but I really enjoy PvP. Always has been my biggest interest in WoW. I was excited for all the quirkiness classic PvP has. This old honor system coupled with how competitive people are willing to be for the purplez is terrible lol. The thing is in this form of PvP you arent really given the option to not be as competitive as possible.

I’ll quote myself to reiterate.

Well this will depend on how much over lap there actually is between pve raiders and pvp try hards.

How many of these pvp try hards who are premading will just switch to raiding?

Just speaking about my server, but pretty much all the players in the 300k+ weekly honor brackets are heavy raiders, so I think most are focused on the gear not just for PVP but for PVE as well.

And virtually all of the players in the ranking premades are heavy raiders. So a big part of it is as a means to an end.

They premade explicitly just to grab the gear as fast and efficiently as possible.

I do think that after AQ comes out, a lot of the rationale for the heavy premades that aim for 600+k weekly honor will disappear. And perhaps that will finally fix a lot of the problems in WSG/AB.

2 Likes

For the sake of fairness, even if the raiders aren’t ruining battlegrounds as Hawne suggests:

In my opinion, this is how fairness in the matchmaking system is best achieved.

1 Like

you told people not to try if they hadn’t finished already, thats stupid, you’re just a bad player as is clearly evident by your posts. Get a clue.

1 Like

Would it be worth asking what rank you currently and historically are or have been in this thread to get a sense of the perspective of statements here?

I don’t usually care about experience, because everyone has a right to contribute their opinions… but we’re talking about ranked BGs… Are you ranked? Why do you care?

What rank are you?

You useless clown. The honor curve has already spiraled out of control. Sitting back and saying vague garbage like “I finished my completely nondescript and noncommittal honor grind, so the system is fine” rings hollow. You’ve effectively said that the honor system is fine because players can queue into bgs and get some amount of honor. You complete dunce.

I never said its fine, I said that people can still complete it, if they so choose. Everyone knows the system is bad, most people expected that to be the case one again, and probably arent the ones crying about it every day.

Pugs will continue to be looked down on and disrespected on the forums by trolls, premades who abuse them, and elitists. Honestly, best way to deal with is unsub. The welfare epic farmers have made it abundantly clear what #nochanges means.

They want to be the only ones who benefit from this broken game instead of the health of the community over all. Place is ripe with greed and self interest, and frankly, any good respecting person with a conscience doesn’t belong here.

Classic can rot, and die.

1 Like

Now think if you redirected that time and energy to work within the current system…

You are unbelievably bitter but that’s understandable for anyone putting in the amount of hours you are. Try to work with your realm’s community or entertain the idea of moving onto something healthier in your life.

Believe it or not, those who want to keep this version as close to the past systems as can possibly be, aren’t out to troll or belittle you.

I don’t agree. The game was broken to begin with, and it’s quite obvious that people who love it as is learned how to abuse it on pservers. Come here and call them out on it ,and you’re met with all sorts of elitist #nochanges rhetoric.

I personally love it for what it is and wouldn’t want to see it modernised. I guess it’s not for everyone, I hope later versions of Classic or other similar games speak more personally to you as a player.

I worry they’ll take all this over to TBC with the meta they figured out on pservers and continue to corrupt it as well… all while hiding behind #nochanges.

The game doesn’t have to be played like this. It could be way more enjoyable for a lot of people, but I doubt it. It looks pretty clear that the pserver kids will continue to break the game, and ruin it for many. It’s a shame.

That is why I’m encouraging any who were in the original run of Vanilla / TBC / LK… should all unsub because the game has turned in to a dumpster fire. The true spirited community is gone, and what we have now is not worth investing in.

TBC has it’s own systems that while different to Classic, will also likely be set by the standards of the past. You have time to familiarise yourself with these systems if you would like.

Be careful targeting pserver players as some sort of boogeyman. I didn’t participate on pservers and yet I knew exactly what I was getting into with Classic.

I support no changes because I wish to return to the older systems that I enjoy, not recreations by a new team. We have a modern WoW version already.

Bozho we’ve spoke about this before, and I can respect that you enjoy classic being as close to vanilla as possible, but this is 2020 and the game already has been modernized in a lot of ways before it was ever released. Its a nice recreation, but its 15 year old systems are being abused on a regular basis, and blizzard has already set a precedent of making “adjustments”.

I’m not for large drastic changes but being dogmatic about how much worse certain things are being abused in 2020 compared to 2005 and how much it affects a lot of peoples gameplay is just dense. There is a problem. A bad one. How they should fix it while maintaining the spirit of vanilla should be the discussion, not just “no, I don’t like change.”

1 Like

I hardly thought it was the pserver players that brought over the current meta. I hate to admit it but I played on private servers (mainly, cuz I love vanilla, tbc and since classic I havent touch a pserver). The meta was no where near what it is on classic.

TBC will not be fun, mark my words. People have short term memory or selective… because arena will NOT be fun, World Pvp (with flying) will NOT be fun, BG’s will be the same as they are in classic ruin by premades.

I hate to say it guys but our memories of the good times in wow be it whatever expansion you loved… are exactly that only memories. We will never be able to relive them.

2 Likes