Solo Mythic Kil'Jaedan as Boomkin

First, let me state the following: This isn’t very difficult, but it took me 3 hours to figure it all out as I’d never seen the fight prior to trying to solo it. I’m writing this just in case other boomy’s out there want to try and solo it, and would appreciate saving some time. (I’m not going into the mechanics of fight, there is a million guides for that. This is specifically what made it easiest for me, as Boomkin.)

Talents which nullify difficulty:
Wild Charge (allows you to bound forward in travel form every 15 seconds, or disengage as boomkin) really negates the troubles which arrive via the “Comet Impacts” (the purple orbs that send you flying.)
Resto Affix allows you to roll some hots and pop the occasional swiftmend when needed. This is obviously useful.

Things to bring: Damage Potion, Drums for Bloodlust/Heroism.

The most difficult part of this encounter (in my experience) is dealing with the Fel Claw debuff. Once those stacks get high, he will start hitting hard. Now, I’ve heard people say, “Kite him” but this is, in my experience, not very effective. You will lose way too much damage in this process. It can be done, but I prefer another solution: use your CD’s / pots / drums intelligently.
The debuff is applied in 3 separate phases.
P1: 100%-80%.
P2: 80%-40%.
P3: 40%-0%.
So, In P1, being as it’s the shortest phase, don’t use potion or anything longer than 2 min CD. Just your rotation and convoke should be enough to end this phase before he does too much damage.
In P2, just use all your CD’s. (But remember to top yourself off before he goes into the sky, and the platform goes black.)
In P3, use Drums & Potion (and obviously any CD’s that come-up.)

This worked for me, and it really made it easy. GL!
EDIT: I didn’t use food or flask. So, while I’m 220 Ilvl, I’m sure you can do this “strategy” with much less gear if you use flask/food.

2 Likes

Would like to hear about how / if you soloed fallen avatar.

1 Like

Video of encounter is done. It’s uploaded to Y0uTube. Title of Video is “Forum User - Mythic Avatar Solo.”
It’s from my rogues POV. He is about 213 ilvl, and I didn’t use a Drum (forgot them.)
So, you should have very easy time doing it.

Hai, sorry for the delay, yes I solo’d Avatar as well. (This one is VERY specific. I’ll make a video of it tomorrow though. In the meantime, I’ll TRY and explain.)

Here’s how I did it:
P1 is obviously easy. Don’t use any cooldowns. My only tip on phase 1, do as much dmg as possible to boss while he is casting the spell that sends you to the basement. When he starts that cast, I think it’s called Annihilation, he regens to around 4.3 million hps. Try to do a LOT of damage in that window (while he’s casting and then you’re both falling) by pooling up your astral power (but again, don’t use any big cool-downs.)

P2, Okay, now you’re in the basement. This entire phase is about two things, position & DPS race.
After you land, you want to go to the outside of the platform (I prefer taking him to this little lip on the West-Side. When you’re looking at Avatar in Phase 1, West is to the left. So, when you fall, get ready to go left.)
Before I continue, It’s important to understand how the floor gets removed and turned to lava: The boss does an AOE-Channel (every 30-40 seconds) that AUTOMATICALLY destroys platforms close to him, and, meteors (or whatever they are) will rain from the ceiling and ALSO destroy panels. You can prevent the meteors from destroying a panel by soaking the purple (or green?) swirlies/tornado indicator. (Which you will need to do, but more on that later.)

Anyways, after you get to that little curl/lip on the West/Slightly Northwest side, you burst with everything you have. Drums, Potions, CD’s, everything. (Though, on the first few attempts, don’t use all this until you know how to preserve panels/flooring.)
Burst. Burst. Burst. Don’t soak meteors at this point, just burst. You might get unlucky, and the “lipped starting panel” will get busted, but just move ONE panel north and keep bursting.

Okay, roughly 30 seconds has now passed, he is pissed and now he throws you up in the air. He is about to shatter the floor/panels in his immediate area. Disengage/Bound, NORTH, clockwise, whatever, but staying on the outside of the island. You need to KEEP PUMPING whilst you’re moving.

Okay, you have disengaged away from him, boss then does the shatter. You’re standing on your NEW panel. You’ll then notice there are meteor indicators on MOST of the remaining platforms/panels (soak the one on your new platform.) This is when some RNG comes in. You need ONE panel (outside of his “automatic aoe range”) which is DEVOID of a meteor impact indicator. This way, after he throws you up in the air again (and subsequently smashes the closest panels) you have SOMEWHERE TO GO.

So, when he starts to cast his Aoe channel again, you should have ONE platform left. It might be fairly far, and that lava hurts, so I recommend bringing anything you have like disengage or Soul-Shape (Nightfae) to help you cover distance.
You go to the last platform, you soak the meteor indicator, and pray to God you have the damage!

EDIT: I know this is written VERY poorly, and it’s probably hard to understand or picture. Once I upload the video tomorrow I’ll leave a response on this thread.