Solo Beastlord Darmac mythic results in stuck situation

On mythic difficulty, Beastlord Darmac pins a target, stunning them indefinitely. The problem is, when soloing him at level 60 depending on your gear, the damage he deals, even after berzerking, is not enough to kill the pinned target, so if attempting to solo him the player will remain pinned/stunned/trapped in combat indefinitely. Even logging/relogging/logging to a different character and back did not release me, I kept logging back in to my pinned body continuing to be beaten while my health stayed full. Had to utilize stuck character service to escape.

The mitigation is that being pinned is completely avoidable. Since Pin Down is not cast at a player but a location, getting pinned down is completely preventable by sidestepping the targeted location within the two-second cast time. This makes honoring the mechanics a priority over turreting and tunnel-visioning the boss, as intended.

Right, and that’s totally reasonable - except that failing a mechanic, no matter how badly, shouldn’t result in your character being completely, indefinitely stuck. Having Pin Down just kill a character if it’s applied for more than x seconds would be a totally valid resolution to this issue, but as is, it’s still a bug, in that no matter how badly you play you shouldn’t get into a state that requires you to contact customer service to get out of.

1 Like

No it is the way the mechanic works and has always worked. Same for the pin down mechanic from the Spirit Kings encounter in Mogu’shan vaults. It is a consequence of failing the mechanic and a result of soloing. The mechanic is completely avoidable. So avoid it. Git Gud. Just because something bugs you does not mean it is an bug.

You can simply log off (as in alt f4) and wait a while for the instance to do a soft reset. Your character does “log out” eventually even when in combat. Just takes longer than usual. But as stated before, this situation is completely avoidable. So git gud and do the mechanic probably.