Soft Scammers

Some crafters effectively but not technically scam other by being extremely unresponsive. Each recraft order takes 10~30 minutes and for some unknown reasons, 40% proc chance fails to proc for more than 5 times. When this happens to me, I usually find another crafter and pay the full price again. I’ve done some reportings, but Blizzard doesn’t seem to find it problematic. This type of soft scams is even more frustrating than normal scams because you need to spend 30+ mins to find out you cannot get what you paid for. Is there any way to avoid it or make blizzard do something about it?

1 Like

I’ve had 40% proc chances fail up to 6 times straight

RNG is RNG, nothing to report

3 Likes

Failing 6 times with 40% chance isn’t a problem. The problem is taking 3 hours or even days to fail 6 times, effectively forcing people to find another crafter and pay full again.

1 Like

I’ve done 200+ crafts, and twice I hit the recraft button atleast 6 times on a 44%+ chance. Last week alone, I’m certain they had messed with something behind the scenes as many of my crafts were hitting the 4-5 recrafts mark. (Seems back to normal this week).

How exactly do you know you were scammed?

I just tell people X amount and it will be R5 when you see it again. Avoids this “Karen don’t like her luck” complaints.

If you hit +6 only twice while doing 200+ crafts, you are lucky because on average an event with 3.1% probability should happen ~ 6 times during 200 trials. What I wrote has nothing to do with the fact that unlikely events actually happen with enough # of trials.

So heh, how much did you “pay” this/these crafters for their “service”?

1 Like

Chill dude, it’s just a game

1 Like

If they’re not going fast enough for you, then just cancel the order and find someone else. Even if they start an order, they can only hold it for 30 minutes before it makes them stop and lets you cancel. Alternatively, ask a crafter “are you able to craft it now?” I get this question every so often and, even though I offer very prompt service 99% of the time, it still doesn’t offend me because I know it’s just people covering their bases.

1 Like

Being unresponsive, even if it’s ‘extreme’, is not a scam.

This is not a scam either.

This is your RNG. it’s not a scam no matter how much time it takes you to fail 6 times. I’ve seen items go for 12 recrafts, spread over several days, before they proc R5.

I hope you’re not one of those types that thinks 1k gold is full price for a BiS item. that would explain a lot.

Stop making false reports. nothing you have described in your OP is a scam by any stretch.

Your impatience at (what you are assuming to be) slow service does not allow you to slander others who are doing you a service.

I think i’m starting to understand why your crafter(s) might be hesitant to craft for you.

If every encounter you have with a crafter ends with you reporting them; then i really hope Blizzard implements a system that can identify and sanction users who abuse the reporting system with non-sense reports.

2 Likes

Judging from the response asking “how much he paid?”, I’m skeptical he even covered the cost of the incense…

Crafters might be waiting for actual orders before dropping their incense to do his… with the resourcefulness tool. LOL

I had this problem with a blacksmith. Said he could do the Unstable Frostfire Belt rank 5 with free recrafts, gave me back a rank 3, and then ghosted the recraft order till it expired. Had to pay another 5k for someone else to do it, and it took about 5 recrafts then, which for plate armor was about 1-2k gold worth of mats each time.

you probably want to edit this post, naming and shaming people is against forum ToS, just so you know.

That’s not scamming. Your chances of a proc don’t increase each time they attempt it. I’ve got 43% chance on a couple jewelcrafting items and I’ve had one take up to 16 times once. Feels bad, but nothing I can do about it.
And regarding time wasted - cancel the item if they’re not doing it fast enough for you. They can’t hold onto your order indefinitely.

1 Like

Is it technically a scam? No. But I just paid 4,000g (I know it’s not a lot, but that’s not the point) for a gem that apparently only has a 38% chance to proc R3. 4 times now I’ve put in a recraft order, and each time it proc’d R2. I don’t care about that. That’s 100% fine. It’s RNG and I get it.

What I DON’T get is that this guy knows I wanted an R3 and charged me 4k for a R3 and I’m sitting here with an additional 4,000g in expenses (for mats) and no R3 gem. I’ve asked him to just sit down and craft me the damn gem until we get R3, no matter how many attempts it takes, and he’s just running keys and logging off onto other toons without giving me a heads up. So now I’m out 4k tip and like 5k in mats all for nothing. The 5k I can write off for rng, but what did he do to earn that 4k?

Why it’s a scam is because I didn’t get the product I wanted due to him - not due to me. I was willing to do as many recrafts as it took, and he just logged out. Now I have to go drop 4k of tips on another JC to get the gem I wanted, and I just gave 4k away for free.

1 Like

Well find someone that’s committed to doing it? I always communicate with my buyers whether I can sit there til we get it or “Hey, I’ll do it until it procs or until I have to be ready for raid in 15 minutes.”

Or find someone that can guarantee you rank 3 so you don’t have to do the proc chances. Less people are wanting fresh crafts or upgrades so there are jewelcrafters out there with plenty of mettle now that can craft an insight and guarantee it.

1 Like

42% chance if you have max in skills and tools + using cloth and incense.

Although, I believe this is more along the lines of 70-80% chance in my experience so far.

All crafting is scamming just scam your own way.

I really hope they kill this system and just go back to the ah and upgrade tokens. Its like this system but not riff with abuse and trade chat afking.

Let me guess, you tried to pay 500g for an insight and the crafter said no?

1 Like

No ive made about 40k gold paying a couple hundred gold… its how I recoup my losses from paying 5k a gem cut.

What does this even mean?