SoD Team is not equipped to work on WoW Classic class balance

It’s not a discussion, it’s everyone poking a big hole in your fantasy balloon.

2 Likes

There is no everyone. Youre one person. And you poked nothing. You didnt read anything or reply to anything. You just stated you dont like the headline of “The Team can’t do this job” and you lack the literacy to read the explanation.

They gave instant, easy, up front burst damage to some classes and passive ramping buffs that are improved with world buffs to others and obviously the impact in PVE and PVP will be wildly different between the abilities.

Try reading it, you might appreciate it more!

True.

I was enough.

1 Like

lol that’s for sure
it’s more like opie screaming affirmations at a mirror and laughing manically

2 Likes

This entire statement is nonsensical and that’s being generous. What are the specific modifiers that you would like to change, percentages, rampage, where’s the leg work? You asked them to consider how hard or how easy something is?? My friend, what you’ve created here is what us southerners call… a soup sandwich.

1 Like

Buddy, the reason you dont need a specific modifier is because the spells functionality is the quasi-modifier.

If you give priests a 10% flat dmg boost, every ability right out the gate hits you 10% harder.

If you make it so shadow weaving can stack for the player beyond 5, you wont see a dps increase until you stack 5 on a player, and how long will that take? Too short? too long?

Look at the cataclysm warrior ability “lambs to the slaughter.” It adds up to 30% dmg to all your core abilities. Thats huge. But it takes at least 15 seconds to get that, as it takes 3x mortal strikes.

Its the same concept. You can give the Spriest even more than 10% dmg. In a raid encounter you can use this to boost their damage, but in PVP fights that take 1-5 seconds it might not even get to 1 stack. Maybe it more drawn out group fights (lol naw not in SoD even with heals stuff falls over) you could get to see it.

You dont have to nerf it for PVP if normal PVP encounters limit its ability to benefit you.

Another concept is moving more damage to hard-casted abilities. Why? Takes time. Its not instant. It has counterplay, etc.

I bet you really know how to turn things around at Game Stop.

1 Like

The post actually makes some very valid points honestly.

1 Like

lol

An endorsement from you tells me I made the right decision.

2 Likes

Design and code is two departments buddy. You think aggrend is coding the game?

4 Likes

The title of your post vs what you’re expressing are not the same. If anything it’s rather misleading, what you’ve shared as your main complaint several times is Spriest, so I’m assuming you’ve been slaughtered by priests in BGs so much it’s caused you to be jaded. Yes, PvP and PvE are very unbalanced right now, yes, there are several classes outperforming (sometimes by a metric mile) in both realms. What you’re failing to realize is that you claimed balancing these two realms is “extremely easy” in a “semi-reasonable state”, did you not? That’s your statement, where I have asked, how is that easy? You’ve yet to provide a sound argument, you’ve mentioned game design (not coding), but game design is the blue-print to what eventually needs to get coded (WHICH IS NOT EASY).

read above^

I’m failing to see what you’re not grasping here.

Classic and wow in general was never a balanced game.
All in all sod is prolly more balanced than classic since more specs can do something instead of getting 1 shot in pvp and ignored in pve lol.

2 Likes

Very good points. My only suggestion.
Make a TLDR for the for the shoe size IQ friends here.

Again answer me Do you think Aggrend is coding the game himself? an Architect can design a condo building but does that mean he have to know how to construct a building? Get your must code to provide simple design choice logic out of here.

Who mentioned Aggrand?? where in this post have you seen ANYONE mention that name aside from yourself? lol

Your implying to make any design choices you must be able to code it. Shoe size IQ with this one.

another person who doesn’t answer the question? are you hard of reading, or just as dumb as OP? lol

Your question is invalid. Obviously designers are not coding the game.

1 Like

Classic was actually quite balanced for PvP and most of the outcomes were determined by skill…and while some classes were a direct counter to others you could still get a win by outplaying your opponent a large portion of the time.

4 Likes

What ever gets passed as the final game design needs to be coded, tested (SoD uses the player base as test dummies for the most part) not a hard concept here. Maybe we should use smaller words for your convenience.

Yeah games dont code themselves Einstein.

1 Like