SoD Phase 3 Raid Hopes

Making this in hopes of providing Devs feedback as they begin working on phase 3 while we all start into phase 2.

Don’t know about everyone else but I’m really hoping for a ZF or Mara progression raid in p3. I’ve seen ST proposed but I’d rather it be left alone it already has all the class quests through it and was really fun as a 5 man dungeon back in the day. What’s everyone else hopes for the p3 raid!?

2 Likes

They said they are doing the least popular dungeons.

That’s why they did BFD and why they’re doing Gnomer.

Sunken Temple was not very popular, which is why people are assuming it will be that.

Mara and ZF were both very, very popular, so it won’t be either of those.

1 Like

i loved doing sunken temple but it was always hard to get people to do this. I hope it will be the new raid zone, it has a great layout for a raid dungeon

2 Likes

Sunken temple might be one of the coolest underused dungeons in the whole entire game and I seriously hope that’s the level 50 raid.

3 Likes

Same.

They could have some really badass dragon fights in there and some cool looking gear.

Did they?

Anywho, honestly I’m not sure what phase 3 will entail. The Blizzcon tease showed SM but it is hard to say if that’s still their plan as they’ve been strangely quiet about phase 3 (whereas they’ve outright confirmed Karazhan Crypts in interviews).

Id be pretty surprised if they made an SM raid in Phase 3 after letting us utilize the SM dungeons for leveling and gearing in Phase 2. They even went out of their way to reitemize a lot of SM’s items.

At this point an SM raid wouldnt be able to transform the currently existing dungeons, it would have to be an entirely new instance and I suspect theyre putting all of their completely new content dev time into Karazhan Crypts.

Sunken Temple is definitely the most likely lvl 50 raid, though I wouldnt mind Zul’Farrak instead.

Between BFD, Gnomer, and the Crypts all being deep underground, doing a bright and sunny open air ZF raid for 3-4 months would be a breath of fresh air tbh.

As I said, I don’t know what their plans are. They’ve been secretive about phase 3 which makes me think it won’t be that boring but I could be wrong.

:man_shrugging:

With the release of p2 we will likely get a small tease for p3.

They really dont have the team to do anything too exciting lol. Karazahn Crypts will be the capstone of SoD and the most hype PvE they release.

I wouldnt get your hopes up is all Im saying. Theyve stated multiple times their plan is to go for underutilized content. Hence BFD, hence Gnomer. Sunken Temple just makes too much sense as the next step.

Expect boring and youll either be pleasantly surprised by the exciting or at least get to say “ah I knew itd be boring” lol

1 Like

ST could be fun so that wouldn’t bother me either way.

you smoking something? that place was a slog haveing to go through and clear the whole ring so we could click the statues in the correct order and then someone would mess it up, and then you need to kill ALL of the dragonkin before engaging eranikus or everything pulls, if any dungeon needs an update it is that one.

Maraudon for level 50, Dire Maul for 60