[SOD] Mage BWL Epic Weapon Quest Bug

I was trying to complete the quest after winning the scroll tonight. Deciphered it, got the quest to solve the fire puzzle, have Scroll: Essence of Fire. I went to Burning Steppes, found the stone, killed it with frost, nothing happened. I tried clicking Scroll: Essence of Fire on it, still nothing happened. I waited and killed it again, nothing.

I tried abandoning the quest to see if I could pick it up and start over again, and I can’t. The first scroll is gone and I’m stuck with no quest and a Scroll: Essence of Fire which I can’t complete.

What can I do?

Character: Freezyfbaby - Wild Growth (US)

1 Like

I have a similar issue where my quest log was full when the scroll was given to me, so i now have a deciphered scroll, but i can not reacquire the quest “essence of fire” to continue. I have also opened a ticket regarding the issue.

Kargann - Crusader Strike US

The ticket I made was given a response of “item restore” but the item in question is not listed as a restorable item. This does not solve the problem of having the scroll in my bags, but literally no option anywhere to restart the associated quest.

1 Like

This seems like a huge oversight and no help from support. I found another mage on the same step and tried to have him share me the quest, but that didn’t work either.

The mage class weapon quest can literally just be bricked

1 Like

same here. There should be a flame npc respawn when the magic stone get destroyed by frost magic, but I cant see it. Even when I did samething with another mage on quest in a group, he can see the flame and kill it, I CANT see any flame.

Character: Fprintf - Wild Growth (US)

1 Like

and you need to decipher the scroll as the first part of the quest, which none of us can actually complete anymore. this is such a bummer

1 Like

Has anybody had luck with a ticket yet? Mine’s been in now for a few days without a reply and I’m wondering if I will end up getting a useless canned response like Blocker/Kargann got