SoD is gonna spiral out of control fast

the devs pretty much admitted this though :expressionless:

1 Like

Of course, they are going to patch things up and change the class of the month. Itā€™s intentional, or so it seems.

1 Like

Iā€™m assuming/hoping they balanced it at 60. Iā€™m not so concerned with classes being broken in the leveling phases provided it all pans out at cap.

Good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

as we get more and more rune options that all function in different combinations it will get harder to balance, not easier. this is the easiest phase to balance

2 Likes

Balance isnā€™t the point of SOD I donā€™t thinkā€¦ sure way out of whack stuffā€¦ but they clearly want people overpowered

2 Likes

Iā€™m basically purely a pvp player.

One huge issue I have found is that some runes spots the difference in power level between the two options is just so massive, that you would be a fool to pick the ā€œwrongā€ choice.

I think this is actually gonna narrow build options. Currently penance is so powerful, it would make no sense to not run it

3 Likes

thats kind of what im saying with rune power. Theres no rhyme or reason with power distribution among runes. Taunt for paladin should have been a rune on its own. not a whole series of insane tank abilities along with it

1 Like

The point is, you donā€™t aim to balance phase 1 at lvl 25. You aim to balance lvl 60. They certainly can balance PVE. Things like DPS and damage mitigation will not be that hard for them to bring within a rage. They do a fair job of that in retail (and talk about ability bloat). PVP is a different matter entirely. But, a further point is, nothing in classic wow was balanced soā€¦

2 Likes

They stated in the Q & A it wouldnā€™t be balanced and you can live with it or donā€™t play.

ok but thereā€™s a difference between ā€œimbalanced gameā€ and ā€œpoorly designed gameā€ :expressionless:

Ok 1 Because classic was balanced to begin with ? So what youā€™re saying is itā€™s completely okay. For most specs to be signed to effectively one roll ?

Despite having three talent trees In certain classes be able to do everything cough cough warriors And be the top out it ?

On top of that Blizzard seems to be doing a fairly good job at balancing If someone is really insane They have been nursing it will tell me times theyā€™ve changed hunters.

On top of the this IS NOT VANILLA ITS CLASSIC +

theres a sweet spot in game balance where its not too easy and not too hard. if this sweetspot is not achieved you have made a bad game. (unbalanced)

Last I checked World of Warcraft isnā€™t the catalyst for anything meaningful in this worldā€¦ Therefore a unique version of this game isnā€™t going to cause any issues because its all JUST A GAMEā€¦

OP go touch grassā€¦

2 Likes

I donā€™t know Iā€™ll say this wrath Overall is probably the most balanced the game is probably ever been Outside of that I would say dragonflight is probably the second closest.

No is the balance as good as though itā€™s too probably not but again WE ARE AT 25 OUT OF 60 AND 3 RUNES OUT PATECHLE 10/12.

no top of the Fact you want to know what sod is FUN And you know what classic wasnā€™t for a lot of classes FUN so ya sod is so good and Despite all the changes I would argue sod is If still a lot more balanced than the classic ever was.

1 Like

yes it is a game. and if a game isnt in this sweet spot of challenge/ease then its not a game at all. You know rats stop playing with each other if one rat wins every time? they have to win about 30% of the time if they are to continue engaging in play. This is a universal law

1 Like

Ummmm You act like your immortal because of the runs News flash buddy youā€™re not Iā€™ve seen plenty of people die.

On top of that To get some of those runs not Easy Divine storm avenger shield ya That was not a walk in the park.

Now granted somewhere easier than others but still You canā€™t pull the world and not die And if you can blizzard has done a pretty good job of nursing it.

Aka Is the adjustments to the healing room for majors or one of them and Hunters sod is fun.

I mean ya, throw stuff in thats fun, balance later, that is the vanilla way. Some resemblance of balance would be nice, but vanilla is just SOOOO unbalanced at a fundamental level theres only so mich you can do without changing the game at a fundamental level.

1 Like

not sure if english is your first language but im having a hard time understanding what you are trying to say with anything you writeā€¦ sorry

Ok, iā€™m going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you actually Mean that But LTDR SOD IS FUN.

and its not Vanilla its Classic + and classic wasnā€™t balanced either On top of that itā€™s a season and I would rather blizzard, take chances and things be overpowered and broken and blizzard and have to balanced after.

Vs Iā€™m just doing vanilla again With no class changes nothing cool or amazing Is just vanilla again o look Warriors are overpowered again Theyā€™re the best tank dps again ya no.

Youā€™re so concerned with stuff being overpowered youā€™re missing something very important sod is fun and Classic isnā€™t balanced to begin with in fact no Is version of wow Has ever been Balanced really.

On yop of the fact you act like Because of the runs Youā€™re immortal you are not You pull too many things you will die.