SoD gets glad stance, what about retail!

Want my glad stance back on live q.q

1 Like

The SoD dev that made that rune woke up and chose violence for their retail brethren.

1 Like

Really hope they take the feedback of Colossus and change it to something more like Gladiator Stance. This could be so much fun. Colossus is just so… lame. Just give us Gladiator stance back, Blizz! Make it more worthwhile to stance dance as Prot, and give us Sword and Board DPS in Arms.

Didn’t play WoD. Never really understood the hype for glad stance.
Every time someone tried to explain it to me, they couldn’t really describe what was appealing about it. Just that it was JUST THE MOST ABSOLUTELY AWESOME THING EVEEEERRRRRRRR!!!11.
Turns out the hype was just “I don’t feel like thinking about stances”.
How disappointing.

Look as someone that was around at the time, it was basically the following.

Gladiator Stance allowed you to dps with the protection toolkit but it wasn’t something you’d use as a tank as it would lock you into the dps role and you wouldn’t have crit immunity.

Abilities changed where Shield Block into Shield Charge, which was basically just Colossus Smash, but a buff on you instead of a debuff on your target.

Gameplay wise it was just the Prot Warrior playstyle, however it did opt for a talent that had a set time (i want to say 15s or 20s) and every time you pressed devastate it added stacks to the buff without it refreshing it’s remaining duration that lowered your heroic Strike’s rage cost.

This lead to quite a spammy off GCD playstyle that some enjoyed at the time when both Arms and Fury were suffering from being pruned going into Warlords it ended up having that feeling of being a more complete playstyle as opposed to the former shells of themselves that most dps specs had going for them in even other classes.

Funnily enough for the first week of the first raid it was the best dps spec we had going into the raid until blizzard made some swift balance changes accordingly. Another interesting note, Arms and Fury were undertuned in comparison due to major nerfs they received in the WoD prepatch when we weren’t even in the new content.

But that’s another tangent, backstory to it all aside.

The argument for retail is, how do you make glad stance unique or competitive? You can’t really add an option for one tank to be able to change in and out of Tank/DPS damage during a fight because that would create a silly imbalance between every other tank being worse off to take than a Prot warrrior.

Do you just allow Arms to equip both a Shield and a 2h while reworking the core playstyle it has to incorporate some shield abilities alongside Mortal Strike, Overpower and call it a day, giving it some unique flare compared to Ret/Unholy?

Overall with the current state of retail i can’t see anything healthy about Gladiator Stance to be added to the game, nor would it really help augment the gameplay that’s available atm.

If you like the prot warrior playstyle, just grow and pair and tank it’s surprisingly fun, since it’s basically just a dps rotation with extra responsibility.

Keep in mind that Classic + is basically just a meme format with no real PvP endgame and is mostly just a PvE experience where they can do some nutty things with the rune system that wouldn’t ever work in retail’s ecosystem.

You could fight with sword and shield as a dps not just as a tank. Liked the fantasy

It had nothing to do with stances. People like glad stance because there is no sword and board dps spec in the game.

It hopefully will never be coming back. Its a pointless build tlanet and should stay in SoD for gimmick things like that.

1 Like

what a hater

The only way it could be viable is in a new class/spec that was a support spec.

Imo glad stance is dumb and would be bad for the game. BUT, put down your pitch forks, if blizzard could make it work I wouldn’t care. I’m just saying I dont trust them to do it right.

Blizzard’s best bet at making it work is to give warriors a fourth spec though and the glad stance enjoyers should be asking for that. Not having st a stance with a tooltip a mile long to make it work.

It would be nice simply to avoid needing multiple weapon sets.

sup warrior, /gag

Glad stance will never be a dps viable spec.