SOD doesn't feel like classic+ it feels like retail 2

anyone else feel like this?

78 Likes

I genuinely don’t. I’m not excited for it, it’s not what I wanted, but it does not feel like retail at all to me. Retail is curated around extremely difficult end game content, and collect-a-thon casual content. I don’t see either in the previews for SoD

49 Likes

Not even for a second. This is classic content with cool new class combos and changes. This is going to be amazing. Super excited.

89 Likes

its just classic with new spells and finally some new items… dont really understand what you mean by retail…

28 Likes

this is class homogenization to the max. Everyone can tank.

36 Likes

Who cares? The worst part about classic vanilla is there is 1 tank and its a pain in the butt to find a tank.

More tanks is a great thing for the game. Its the entire point of a season.

34 Likes

there’s a thing called meta.

there will be an S tier Tank and a F tier tank.

for example warrior will probably be the best tank, with priest or mage being the worst.

8 Likes

By retail I mean its in the very start of retailification. Every class is being homogenized and it’s jumping the shark for pure hype purposes that will die off very fast. 10 man raids also aren’t a plus. Especially since these seem to be raids that will easily be invalidated very quickly.

10 Likes

More like Ascension than retail, but Im super excited regardless. Hoping for good PvP metas coming out of the new skills/specs.

5 Likes

if you think every class will be S tier DPS youre just being delusional.

Classic you can already dps feral you just werent an optimal DPS. im sure the pure dps classes will still perform well in that role.

6 Likes

If ‘classic’ includes tbc, wotlk, paid boosts, tokens, etc. than sure this is classic content.

For era players - we want to play vanilla and this, so far, does not feel anything like vanilla.

21 Likes

Esfand is trying to tank on shaman and keeps going OOM.

3 Likes

Yep it’s classic, retail-ified.

That is what is to be expected of the current Blizzard.

17 Likes

none of this is coming into SoD… if you dont like seasons being new and flavorful then just keep playing era for another 20 years.

15 Likes

They stole ideas from Ascension and are fitting it into classic. It might be good, it might suck. We won’t know until we try it.

12 Likes

Did they confirm?

SOM changes leaked into era - so there is decent cause for concern here.

4 Likes

People are playing it right now. It looks bad.

7 Likes

can mages heal in retail?

They 10000% jumped the gun here. They should’ve started small with a new endgame raid and some new quests imo.

2 Likes

Good, then that means you wont be playing.

Excited to have the toxic members of this society stuck on era

21 Likes