[SoD BUG] ALL Damage decreased by 20-25% in WSG SoD

WSG Stealth Aura: Mystery Damage Reduction? :thinking:

Data showing ALL DAMAGE DECREASE: (imgur .com/a/HFAHB10) remove the space.

This was tested in and out of WSG in lvl 25 pvp. Physical Damage was tested against targets of the same armor value. No damage reduction or amplifications were applied to any classes involved.

Samples of 20-40 Casts were taken with all of the data consistent with about a 20-25% drop once entering WSG.

I’m not sure if this is a secret feature or just a bug. Can we get a GM to elaborate?

13 Likes

Kind of gives an advantage to the squishies doesn’t it? Energy classes are a lot weaker with their initial burst if so.

2 Likes

Bump, spell damage in WSG is boinked and not working correctly. If this was an intended feature, they would/should have said so when they launched SoD

1 Like

They are making Bill O’Reilly proud with the level of “Do it Live” in SoD level 25 cap is their onramp to figuring things out.

Plz fix this @blizzard

I thought I was doing less damage in WSG. I’m using deadly strike of the hydra and it’s hitting for like 95 - 110 at the most versus mail wearers, which feels ridiculous. That stupid 5 percent headwear ain’t reducing my damage by THAT much.

The damage nerf is so noticeable. Really lame considering this is a major component of the game right now. Also makes it even more lame to see that only damage is nerfed and not heals.

Considering how short the TTK is even with the damage reduction, I’d hate to see it without it.

Yah I would like to see this addressed by the devs. I personally think burst is important. When healers are too strong the game becomes dominated by healers.

Healers should be making clutch plays, especially when combined with peels and cc. But when healers can easily pump 50% hp into someone nearly instantly without any drawbacks, or this damage reduction effect, it just leads to stale game play

1 Like

Bump, I notice this with physical damage too

I personally think this is lame.

Ashenvale / world PvP isn’t THAT bursty (yet…)

If it’s needed at a later phase, we can worry about it then. But right now, it’s not.

1 Like

This feels bad man, id rather do wpvp than wsg at this point.

1 Like

Bump. This isn’t retail, we don’t want artificial damage reduction in classic.

This needs to not be in the game, like throw some unique gear, but dont make our spells work differently in bg’s

It feels like something intentional to counteract the fact that runes made people do a lot more damage, but player health hasn’t really increased to match it. Anyone think this might be the case? Though I’d rather see a player health buff than this damage reduction, which just feels worse. Also it makes healers unnaturally strong.

Who knows though.

1 Like

bingo
/10char

Bump looking for any blizz representation for being transparent on this

Please Blizzard do not keep this in SoD. We don’t want resilience as a stat and we don’t want any secret instance specific damage nerfs…