Soar/Random Favorite Mount Macro

So, I’ve been using the Summon Random Favorite Mount button for all of my characters. Heard about a few addons that provide a functionality but they end up using their own keybindings and I don’t think they’ve been updated to include Soar into the mix. SO. Here is the results for any evokers who want a button to use Soar when they can and mounts when they cannot.

NOTE: I have not tested this on Tindral yet, so not 100% sure if it will still function for that fight in particular, however after the modifications have managed to get it to work in all of the Dragonflight dungeons where mounting and/or dragonriding work.

/cast [advflyable, nomounted] Soar
/run C_MountJournal.SummonByID(0)
/dismount

This wasn’t working for me for some reason. But with this minor edit it started working.

/cast [nomounted] Soar
/click [noflyable, nomounted] MountJournalSummonRandomFavoriteButton
/dismount

Hm. Going to test it a bit because I did notice it wasn’t working in BGs.

Can you be more specific as to what wasn’t working and under what conditions?

This is just a guess, but by removing the flying conditional, it will always attempt to cast soar. Macros with multiple lines of spells that are on gcd will only ever attempt to cast the first one.

After more testing I came up with this. I have not tested this in PVP but in mythic+ and outdoor content. Basically it prefers soar, then flying mount, then non-flying mount.

/cast [nomounted] Soar
/click [flyable, nomounted] MountJournalSummonRandomFavoriteButton
/click [noflyable, nomounted] MountJournalSummonRandomFavoriteButton
/dismount

I will try to test on Tindrall tonight which is another unique case, but this allows me to mount in mythic+ content that does not support soar or dragonriding mounts. I do not see why it wouldn’t work in BGs with the same restriction on dragonriding mounts.

I had my original one work just fine in summoning a ground mount in dungeons or soar where it could because of conditionals but in PvP it didn’t do either.

Probably because the following lines use /click and not /cast. I dunno, just trying to find that poimt where it works in more situations.

The original should work fine as it will move past soar when the flyable condition fails. With just [nomounted] that likeness is attempting to use, it will always be attempting to cast soar as long as you are not mounted, even when soar is not usable.

That is a strange thing, logic dictates that is the case but the button did not work at all when I tried using it in Battleground Blitz unless there is a different set of rules for the mounts there even though I was able to use the button before.

use this instead

/run C_MountJournal.SummonByID(0)
1 Like

Hm. So far that seems to be working at least for the open world and dungeons, modified the first post and changed flyable to advflyable just in case that might have been hanging something up.

Tested in Blitz and it worked there was well. So, domo arigato missus yamato.

1 Like

Works perfectly! Thank you!

1 Like