Soar nerf is a non-issue

cant they wear like certain transmog? like shoulder plates? I remember watching Mr gm and was showing off some of the transmog they can wear. And no, I don’t mean the armor that comes with the dracthyr.

They can wear mail shoulders, thats it.

If they hadn’t nerfed it at all, nobody would have said anything either.

5 Likes

my main issue wasn’t the nerf itself but that it is reminiscence of the old blizzard mind set that has hurt the game.

1. Nerfing a fun ability that wasn’t hurting anyone because of some made up scenarios that if you take 2 seconds to think don’t even make sense.
  2. Refusal to listen to community push back on a bad decision as “They know best” when literally everyone is saying this is a bad decision.
  3. Not implementing the obvious solution which would be to just allow dragon flying EVERYWHERE for non dracythr as well so then the dracthyr no longer have this imagined unfair advantage in pet battling and traveling to raids to get transmogs.

This is for me personally what irritates me about the decision, yes of course it’s not a big deal but it’s a sign of the same old bad mindsets and decision making that Blizzard has been doing that is shooting itself in the foot and causing people to lose interest in the game

10 Likes

Belts too, let’s not forget.

The two most important pieces of gear to show, really.

1 Like

That’s stupid, why give us armor they can wear but they can’t wear actual mail transmog? Like, imagine wearing some obnoxious hot pink shoulders with a yellow chest piece.

I don’t really care they changed the ability, but it didn’t really need to be changed. If it was unbalanced, it wouldn’t have been the speed but rather the fact you can use it outside the dragon isles. An easy way to balance the ability would be to give everyone dragon riding outside the isles. And either way I don’t think 90% of the population was going to play one race and one class just for the racial

8 Likes

Now ask, why say they had an advantage with transmogs that they cant wear? Or chromie time they cant access?

1 Like

Also isn’t it kind of ironic that a post saying it was dumb to argue about the change created a different argument about if the change was worth being argued over

Can’t be used in instances, can’t be used in combat, 5 min cool down, everyone regardless of being dracthyr or not can do the very same thing if not a lot better with their dragon riding. I’m also guessing you’re posting on a alt to hide your main because you enjoy pissing people off and don’t want the consequences of it, however if you aren’t and you do main that maghar i’m pretty sure you don’t care about racials in the first place seeing how Mag’thar have the worse racials in the game. So regardless you’re here to piss people off and you really don’t care one way or the other.

2 Likes

Okay, well this is alpha, so changes are going to be made at some point. So, I don’t really know how to respond to this

Adjustments happen all the time during Alpha, but this one didn’t really seem like it was necessary.

I’m not really understanding what major advantage it has an old world content? It has a five minute cooldown and you have to have extremely high elevation to even get far distances, so it’s very, very niche in that regard.

I probably could get around faster than someone on a Dracthyr Because I have the toy that unlocks every single flightpath in every expansion in history. Traversing old world content is about as fast as I can get right now even without the new class and race.

The Soar ability is negligible in terms of farming ores, herbs or any type of nodes.

If there’s a specific pet battle that you are farming for, you can easily leave an alt in that area and log onto it 24 hours a day, so that doesn’t provide any extra benefit either.

At the end of the day it’s not that big of a deal, but it’s an unnecessary change that I see no extreme benefit for, but that’s just my opinion on it.

8 Likes

Keep being spicy OP… :roll_eyes:

What is a non issue is an opinion

People who say outrage culture are annoying :rofl:

2 Likes

Outrage culture is inherently annoying, that’s what the term is meant to convey, the problem is defining what is and isn’t outrage culture. Saying it was dumb to nerf something that probably didn’t need the nerf isn’t really outrage culture, either way it isn’t a huge change

Youre doing good work by shutting the trolls down and debunking the people who are blindly agreeing with Blizz.

1 Like

At max speed, but you are going to need to first find high ground to take off from first. Using it somewhere like the Barrens for example you are going to fly at roughly epic mount speed for a few seconds before you struggle to even keep that.

3 Likes

Maybe I read it wrong. But I thought the nerf only affected them outside the dragon isles in the dragon isles you still fly as fast as the new mounts. Could he wrong as I am not paying attention to it too much. This nerf as they say won’t affect me since I won’t notice it since I am not in the alpha and never got to play with the faster flight speed.

Which is why I also don’t get the outrage some people have with this nerf as most are not in the alpha so you won’t actually notice the change all you see is the change in the patch notes.

Not quite.

“With the next alpha build, we’re making a change to Soar for Dracthyr that reduces their maximum speed from (roughly) 930% to 640%. The maximum speed for Dragon Isles Drakes is unchanged . This only applies to the Dracthyr Soar racial ability.”

Plus, Soar can’t be upgraded like regular Dragon riding. So in the Dragon Isles Soar will always be inferior.

3 Likes

Which I also say nuts to.
Some dragons these Dracthyr turned out to be.

9 Likes