Soar is getting a regular flight toggle!

As seen on the new alpha streams, if you activate TBC flight, or regular flight via the in game mount menu, Soar will work like regular flight. It still has a cast time, and it still partially launches you into the air, but you can hover forever, and fly at the new and improved 420% (nice) flight speed like druid flight form.

7 Likes

Noice. Really like this change.

FINALLY. I saw the vid and it made me so happy.

The question is, when you land, do you get dismounted?

1 Like

Oh, neat. Still want to be able to land without it ending.

1 Like

All I have to say is 'bout dang time.

Time to go snatch them herbs away from people just like druids.

Amazing, now to toggle it off forever because swimming in the air looks stupid

Are they fixing soar so it works in Amirdrassil?

Nice.
10char

The article says it still dismounts when you hit the ground. Soar would still have the upward launch but either will be into the dragonriding style, or just going into static flight. So, almost like Druid flight form except you won’t be able to interact things that require you to be on the ground but could probably still snatch items that don’t require a landing.

Will it work for dracthyr or just evoker, I wonder. Hopefully both.

Alas! I don’t even care about item interactions tbh because I know some druids will cry about it, I just want to be able to fly along the ground without dismounting T_T

Well, you’d be able to fly near-ish the ground without dismounting but getting ground mount mode for soar doesn’t look like it will be coming, that’d likely remain a Worgen thing.

The article says dracthyr, so presumably if they allow dracthyrs to be other classes they’d be able to fly as well. It also wouldn’t make sense as an evoker ability and not dracthyr as a race.