Soar: Familiar Skies should be reworked

Its a neat idea at least for newer players that don’t have those maps yet. Gives them a reason to explore just as a dracthyr likely would want to

4 Likes

As if any respectable min-maxing gatherer will ever play a race that can’t be a druid. Tsk, tsk.

4 Likes

First off it is GLIDING NOT FLYING idiots who don’t know the difference. So they can only GLIDE a long distance if the find a really high place.

3 Likes

Sad that it’s been reduced to that

7 Likes

What about future content? Especially when they do the next Zerith Mortis or Timeless Isle where it’s a rare killing fiesta? A rare spawns and its a race for people across the zone to get to it in time to tag it. Better to tune it in development rahter than nerf it later. Especially when seconds mean the difference in getting a tag or not.

The Scouting Maps were worth every gold piece… except the SL one.

2 Likes

You know, reading these threads…

I’m not even installing the next expansion until the hype, blatant overpoweredness that comes with EVERY new shiny class, and stream of constant FotM rerollers have all evaporated due to soul-crushing nerfs.

We’ve seen this before. I might as well wait it out.

1 Like

I wish they’d just make it a cosmetic version of dragonriding. Then, suddenly, these things aren’t a problem: it can only be used where dragonriding is, it’s never ‘useless’, a player isn’t forced to use it, and those of us who want the dragon-flying-as-self fantasy still get it without obscene restrictions to the fun of it.

8 Likes

Delete dis

Fun detected. Fun removed.

6 Likes

I hope when they give dragon riding in the old world, that they’ll re-buff soar, while giving DHs and dracthyr a mount thats basically just their wings.

I might actually consider playing a dh if they did that.

2 Likes

Get over it?

This is the same fanbase that never got over it every single time they couldn’t fly right off the bat post Cata as that expansion had flight from the start, and I don’t think I need to remind everyone how they reacted about flight in WoD, or the introduction of Pathfinder.

It might have been more effective to direct this at a brick wall. These people never let anything go, and daring to suggest they are overreacting about something is something many of them take as a personal attack.

And for the record since I know it’s coming: I am by no means a Blizzard shill. They are certainly not infallible (seriously, they’re offering “pet battles” as the excuse for the Soar change as I feel they don’t want to admit it may have been a performance issue for really low end/dated systems), but when it comes to picking and choosing your battles a fair amount of you tend to pick some of the most asinine things to focus on.

2 Likes

Imagine how they’ll all react when the inevitable and absolutely-are-going-to-happen nerfs start rolling in for dracthyr like happen to every other new race.

2 Likes

TBH the nerfs can’t come soon enough. It’s bad that they are getting lust too.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but all I got from OP was liken to deleting leveling dungeon loot because everyone has heirlooms, right?

Just delete the racial all together. Nobody can cry about it if it isn’t even there anymore

2 Likes

No?

Dungeon loot makes sense even if you have heirlooms cause you can disenchant them, vendor them, sell them on the AH or collect transmog. Plus, there aren’t heirlooms for all of the gear slots.

2 Likes

I mean…should they not? “You’re overreacting” is an acknowledgement that you think your opinion (that things are fine) is SO MUCH better than theirs (that things are not fine) that they should stop talking? How is that…not a personal attack? Its certainly not a fact-based argument.

I am honestly shocked that this is being added. After all the complaining by the mages with Evoker being a “better mage”, giving them Time Warp feels almost spiteful, haha.

2 Likes

Yeah that tends to happen when instead of reading the OP you just comment some random thing so that everyone knows how toxic you are.

2 Likes

They literally said that the racial is useless to them because they can already buy the exploration maps. Not everyone can or does - making this racial useful to them.