Soar: Familiar Skies should be reworked

Sorry for being blunt, but it is better that I cut to the chase: the Dracthyr racial Familiar Skies is technically pointless (no offense).

Soar’s cooldown is reduced by 1 min on continents that you have fully explored.

Why do I say this is pointless? Because most of us have all of the Scouting Map toys unlocked accountwide (such as https://www.wowhead.com/beta/item=187869/scouting-map-into-the-shadowlands). When you use them all, all of your maps and continents are fully explored and flight paths unlocked.

So when prepatch goes live and I create my first Dracthyr, the first thing I’ll do is use those toys to have all the continents explored in less than 10 seconds, so then my freshly created Dracthyr will already enjoy a permanent 3-min CD everywhere I go, even if I hadn’t visited it before with said Dracthyr.

Why not make the racial function differently? Here’s what I suggest:

• Reduce the standard CD on Soar to 3 mins (or even less).
  • Change Familiar Skies to this:

While in the Dragon Isles, Soar’s speed is increased up to 940%, benefits from your Dragonriding talent tree and works with Vigor.

It’s a win-win, Blizz.

People upset that players might get an unfair advantage because they can get to pet battles faster than others (rofl) is moot because Soar will still be nerfed as it is currently outside the Dragon Isles, but those of us who liked Soar’s original speed get the chance to enjoy it in the Dragon Isles, where everyone else (not only Dracthyr players) also get to travel at that speed with their dragon mounts.

18 Likes

I don’t have strong opinions on the subject myself but I nearly spat out a mouthful of water when one of the dracthyr NPCs remarked as the expedition got under way that he’d rather just fly to the Dragon Isles than stand around on a floating piece of wood crossing the ocean :slight_smile:

18 Likes

:weary:

If only :frowning:

5 Likes

ya’ll need to get over this already.

dracthyr as they are are already crazy op. you don’t need to be able to basically fly faster than everyone else almost all the time on top of it.

14 Likes

But it’s a dragon riding talent tree? Why would it effect a Dracthyr racial?

I think people need to stop trying to treat the racial as a replacement for mounts. I don’t think it was ever intended to replace them for Dracthyr.

2 Likes

Um, have you read my suggestion? I’m suggesting Dracthyr players fly as fast as everyone else in the Dragon Isles

8 Likes

Oop, looks like someone is just kissing Blizzard butt without reading the OP or knowing anything about the testing feedback. Thatll be 1 demerit.

8 Likes

It really feels like the people that complain about this are children that don’t like it when they don’t get their way.

It is a racial that you can go fast with every few minutes and that’s all, but you adjust the speed down and people lose their minds. Despite the fact even 600% is still fast as heck anyway…

1 Like

Ooo, insulting people for following literally thousands of test feedback posts. Thats another demerit. You trolls can do better.

7 Likes

Okay that’s it I have deleted the racial from the game completely.

Btw didn’t they reduce the cd to 3 minutes mostly for the starting zone so you didn’t have to sit waiting for 5 minutes to get around?

Th-thats illegal!

Also they reduced cooldown because after the 301% speed nerf they accidentally made it so useless that testers couldnt even reach quests in the Dracthyr tutorial zone because Soar cant climb so much as 3 feet up.

8 Likes

Soar was nerfed because the lamestream media decided that the voting machines were owned by zombie Hugo Chavez in Venezuela, so the votes were routed through Europe by the open borders globalist elites, and Drag Queen Story hour teaching CRT to my pets in their kennels while I am on vacation.

4 Likes

Dont put those words together like that, someone will absolutely believe it

3 Likes

Been playing an evoker on beta, and the last time I used soar is navigating around orgrimmar to find the people on the dragon isles intro quest

2 Likes

Is this really the reason why they reduced the CD? It wasn’t actually out of good faith? :anguished:

2 Likes

As others have pointed out the Dracthyr NPCs talk about flying places. It is clearly something the race should be able to do. No one is asking for it to be better than the dragon riding, we just don’t want to be riding around on a dragon as a dragon to navigate our own home. We have precendant with druid flying form and worgen running wild. What would it hurt if Dracthyr’s racial was an alternative mount form that isn’t even useable in competive modes.

12 Likes

nope - they aren’t going to give a huge advantage for herb and ore pickers.

… what?

8 Likes

It’s also pointless because you’ll never use it once you’ve upgrading dragonriding (since the upgrades don’t apply to soar). That means it’s only useful in old content during the expansion it was created in. This pretty much reduces it to a RP thing.

If it is only useful in old content, why does it need a CD at all? We will never use inferior, non-upgraded dragonriding in the Dragon Isles, so what purpose does soar really serve?

3 Likes

I basically only use soar when i run out of vigor and don’t feel like waiting. Which becomes less necessary as i get better at dragonriding.

2 Likes