SoA, Elysian Hold, Empyrean Domain FPS Drops

Hello. Have seen a few posts about this issue over the past several months but have found very little to no luck following any of the advice from CS, from turning down specific settings to disabling add-ons. I’m posting now because today I bought a new computer and was really hoping the issue would go away, but even though I saw massive graphical improvements in most other places in the game, the extreme lag for me in the places I’ve listed in the title persisted. I’m talking dropping from 70~ FPS down to around 15… It’s that bad. But it’s not super consistent either, some angles in Spires for example my FPS shoots back up to normal, and then I turn and it plummets again. There doesn’t seem to be any pattern to this but might be something I haven’t realized yet?

For context, before I was playing on a 2013 Mac Pro, and just upgraded to a new 2020 27" iMac. Can list specific technical specs if relevant, but I have different graphics cards and processors between the two machines.

This really bums me out, the game is so beautiful and turning my resolution down to point where everything is very blurry is the only way I manage to not lag very badly in these places!

Editing to add that being in these zones actually lags other programs on my computer, most notably Discord, and when I say lag I mean to the point of it being nearly unresponsive. This is happening on a brand new computer and ONLY happens when I am in these zones.

Hey there, you’ll want to edit your post and relocate it to #support:mac-technical-support since this forum is for PC :slight_smile: