So you want a level squish, eh?

You also wanted world scaling lol and look where that got us.

Kek

58 Likes

Yep… A level squish will save the game…

5 Likes

Just as world scaling did… Lol

20 Likes

Obviously Voldun rodents will save the game.

4 Likes

Doubt that, highly.

The only thing that can save the game are the voices of the players. However, dissident voices aren’t heard by Blizzard.

2 Likes

I honestly like the World Scaling and do not think they went far enough with it. I like the open world feel it brings, one of my favorite thing about Elder Scrolls RPG’s.

I think that end game ilvl scaling is dumb, Blizzard needs to cut down end game content from having a billion different difficulties to just 1 difficulty with Hardmode options to get ilvl creep under control so there would be no need for ilvl scaling at end game but outside of that I love the world scaling and I am going to love the level squish in modern wow.

33 Likes

Tbh level scaling for questing is great! Gives me more flexibility in where I can level, I just wish some of the brackets were bigger (Like EK/Kalimdor extending to 80 so you could skip Outland/Northrend if you choose).

I wouldnt want it for everything, but for how it is atm its great.

8 Likes

Same, I kind of want to create a character and go straight to panda land

10 Likes

No 8.1 will save it. I mean 8.1.5. Wait, i meant 8.2.

8.3 and next expac will save it.

14 Likes

I mean, to be frank, the people who are not satisfied will probably never be satisfied and if you satisfy one group you alienate another.

9 Likes

Blizzard could just remove all scaling all together and give us back our Character Progression.

34 Likes

Character progression is not black and white, you don’t need to be able to go to Elwynn and one shot boars in some weird power fantasy to have meaningful character progression.

12 Likes

It isn’t what I am really getting at though.

Don’t get me wrong, scaling does bring some good to it, but with the way it was implemented, it has really ruined the character progression. Because the idea of it is to get stronger as you get better, but you can’t get stronger and better if what you’re fighting is going to do the same thing.

Doesn’t matter if your leveling or trying to get better gear at max level.

20 Likes

Well, then how would you solve the problem with meaningful character progression while leveling?

• Talent tree’s were satisfying during leveling, but lead to imbalance in regards to endgame content
  • Our current talents are great for endgame, but not so great for leveling

So you have to have a system that makes leveling interesting, while also having impact in the endgame. Catering to one or the other just leads to a unfun experience.

2 Likes

A better levelling experience, more new player retention, more options for where to level, the ability to finish a zone’s story line without greying out, parallel expansions so I never have to go to HFC again, and a choose-your-own-path levelling experience in Legion- the best expansion in recent memory?

The single worst thing about scaling is all the edgelords thinking they’re so clever with their constant complaint threads.

12 Likes

The current “team” does not have the knowledge, skills or ability to do a level squish properly. If they do one, it will be half baked like the AR’s are.

20 Likes

You make a hybrid. Current talent tiers with mini talent point trees in between each tier. Each tier lets you pick between 3 trees: 2 generic ones for your spec and one that specifically upgrades the talent you chose. So if it’s a “meh” tier, you put the points where they do the most good, but if it’s a tier with an ability you really like, you can spend your points pimping that ability out so that using it as often as possible becomes a more optimal play style for you.

2 Likes

Look at it like this. I doubt people will quit the game if it don’t happen. If it does they are going to push more players away. Blizzard is always opening a can of worms on issues that they create. ilvl scaling, crz, sharding, flight gating, etc. None of these things were ever asked for and all of them have pushed players away. If they had never been implemented you wouldn’t have had people quitting because they were not in game.

7 Likes

LIVE. TO. WIN.

5 Likes

I know your not being serious. It just can’t be possible