So, you want a challenge?

I’m pretty sure this is well known information. A majority of people play Horde on PvP servers. I’ve seen statistics, and I could be wrong here. I’m just winging it, so feel free to correct me, but out of about 300 of the top guilds, there are only 10 of them that represent the Alliance.

I realize that Retail screwed up real world PvP with sharding, with phasing, and that there are no real PvP servers left in Retail, but with Classic coming back, bringing with it a real world presence that you will not be able to phase out of, real world PvP is back :smile:

So, yeah, if you want easy mode then join up with a Horde guild on a PvP server, but… if you want a challenge…join the Malicious Moogles, an Alliance PvP Guild, as we Crush the Horde!!! :wink:

For the Alliance!!!

2 Likes

I think you underestimate people’s overwhelming desire to play a sexy pointy eared female with a barbie doll figure. People will choose Alliance purely because they’re “pretty”.

Even on a PvP server I’d imagine that the population will be either close to 50/50 or slightly Alliance leaning. Other than Alliance having all the “pretty” races they also have paladins who are far more popular than shamans. And honestly, Alliance racials really aren’t that bad either.

7 Likes

I’m feeling so called out right now.

#bouncyElvesForLife

6 Likes

:rofl:

Yeah, I know people play Alliance for that, but the Horde usually dominates on PvP servers. But all of that changes NOW :wink:

For the Alliance!!!

3 Likes

Not if I end up on your server :slight_smile:

2 Likes

While i may or may not have a pretty and pert example softly jigling on my screen right now, I must disagree with the assumption that Horde is more populated overall.

The website that one gathers info from heavily influence the data, i suspect.

2 Likes

Filthy Horde, we will put you in your place!!!

For the Alliance!!!

2 Likes

Began a trial account character of an undead female yesterday. When running the butt looked like a balloon filled with heavy cream sloshing back and forth. But I could not choose a face without a nose like the old days.

True story.

2 Likes

Yeah, the numbers may favor the Alliance in some situations, but usually the Horde dominates in PvP.

But…Not on our server!!! For the Alliance!!!

1 Like

Kids play Alliance because they are the “good guys”. Adults play Horde because we know that good guys finish last. Death to the Alliance.

2 Likes

There will be plenty of female orc booty on display, I assure you

Oh, you said Barbie doll, not Bratz doll, sorry

4 Likes

In Vanilla, there were generally more Alliance than Horde on PvP servers, although it was usually not as lopsided as on PvE servers.

It will likely be similar for Classic.

2 Likes

With no Blood Elves, Alliance will dominate most servers.
WIth Pallys being Alliance only, Alliance will have an advantage in PVE.

2 Likes

I was alliance in vanilla. It was pretty even on my PvP server. After TBC horde started gaining majority. In legion, I was alone. It felt like a huge drop off of alliance when horde gained blood elves. And then crz BGs with Merc mode came out, and no one had to play alliance for good queues.

Back to topic though, I love alliance because I’ve always felt like the underdog. I love winning unfair fights.

1 Like

You’ve got heart I’ll give you that…

And I can’t wait to eat it; your heart that is.

:cut_of_meat:

1 Like

:panda_face:
:muscle::selfie:
:leg:

1 Like

*goblin rocket jump

The reason, generally, that horde/alliance are so imbalanced is because of faction racials. Around LK/Cata This caused a lot of more serious raiding guilds to swap from alliance to horde because there was such a clear advantage to be horde. And when your hardcore players are largely on one faction,that changes public perception of where you want to be (where the good players are).

My server has never really had super hardcore raiding guilds. We always clear every tier but much later than the more high pop servers do. We’ve always had a slight alliance bias, but now Draenor is about 70/30 alliance to horde. Sad really.

2 Likes

I must have just had bad luck on my server. I remember ally completely destroying us in open world PvP, and AV was always a nightmare.

But if you just doing a sales pitch thing, then I get it. Otherwise it’ll always be about server balance. Not to mention, alliance number have always been 5-10% more overall. There’s a world server map that points that out.

1 Like

Be careful out there, or you might just get…

1 Like

Yeah, just having some fun and doing some recruiting at the same time : )