So you cant upgrade m+ items you get before 9.0.5

They had zero problems changing items regardless of their status, previously, at their discretion. Some through a hotfix, even.

Why is this suddenly an issue now?

“How can we get people both happy AND more time played out of them?” Asked Blizzard.

3 Likes

Yeah I think that’s how it should be but we’ll see what happens when it goes live. Then M+ after you get m0 gear would be 100% deterministic outside of the weekly chest. IMO that’s as good as it gets for the system. No expectations of loot in the end chest, no potential for disappointment. Just steady groupwide consistent improvement as you keep timing keys.

Wait. They had a “technical issue” like this with the corruption consumable items.
They quickly fixed it.
Whats the problem now?

1 Like

Technical issues are keywords for they dont want to do it.

5 Likes

I mean…This makes sense?

Like I get that people wanna be mad and stuff, but yeah when Blizzard introduces a new system like this, it’s typically not retroactive.

2 Likes

Thats the problem, this is a fix to a problem they created so there should be some mitigation put in place. Instead they just reiterate their issue so you can get a benefit after.

Not entirely sure why you are surprised, this was the case with past iterations when gear upgrades were added. The items essentially are created as a different item with “upgrades” available.

If they were acquired earlier they don’t have that component to them.
Not saying it doesn’t suck, just that I’m not surprised.
We literally just experienced this in the patch before the current one.

Also no offence, but how does it make it worse? Either you never upgraded them and it’s a net neutral, or you get new gear that you can upgrade. That is a positive at best, a neutral at worst, that gear isn’t being downgraded.

This change isn’t a band-aid fix, it’s a long term solution to a long-term issue, namely that of M+ lacking a path of gearing besides the GV (or the weekly cache in previous expacs).

You can argue that it’s Blizzard fixing their own problem, but considering it’s Blizzards game, any improvement they make to the game can be phrased as them fixing a problem they created.

While I suspect its something similar to the corruption change they implemented with items partway through the last patch tier of SL.

This is stupid.

2 Likes

Yeah, but then they fixed it right away after massive outcry.

I feel like all these changes are just meant for 9.1 at this point. Its gonna be so non impactful for so many people when 9.0.5 comes out.

As it should be, just because someone clears mythic Denatrius it doesn’t mean they should get a chance of that loot with other characters in the Vault or how PvP items are behind rating for every alt.

Carried? Or maybe that person could improve as a player and have no need for a carry/ You don’t need a full gear 213 to get the KSC or 220 to get KSM.

No, but try doing KSM with a full group in 205 gear, you won’t get very far unless you are near the best players in the game. Most people need to have some 220+ gear and everything else close before they are able to push KSM.

And to do that they need to farm through the key levels so they can work on getting themselves to that point, by than patch 9.1 would be announced and you will have to start thinking about doing it all again.

Let’s see i got Keystone Conqueror with 199 ilvl, that allows me to get 213 ilvl. Got Keystone Master with 217 ilvl, which is pretty close to what conqueror is gonna give, even did a HoA+16 with 211.

I would say is completely doable with full 213 and without an issue, you just need to be a decent player hell not even a good one just decent.

Except the upgrades don’t go from 0 to KSM.

Completing all 2’s lets you upgrade to 200 ilvl.
All 5’s lets you get 207.
All 10’s lets you get 213.

And then you can get KSM with your 213 gear.

Yes but you still done it with 217, and no you don’t need to be a decent player, the entire group needs to be able to perform. No matter how good YOU are, if someone else in your group is not up to it, not happening.

We don’t yet know what the cap is on valor, but if it is anything like conquest than chances are by the time you have enough to upgrade your gear to 213 you will also have some 220+ from the vault and by the time you are able to push KSM you will actually be higher than 213 overall.

Currently on Wowhead, which is not indicative of all players, but still represents a fair number of players, only 2% have KSM for SL Season 1. Assuming that is close to correct than that’s quite low. And this coming into about the midway of the season, that doesn’t look very good.

And if you got your KSM at anything under 215 or so, or even have it at all, that puts you near the very top of the best skilled players in the game, it’s not an easy thing to get so early in an expansion.

2 Likes

Yeah, so you’ll be 213 minimum and if you’re stuck at that level due to gear, you’ve got weeks to spend upgrading your gear and grinding your vault to get KSM done.

It’s not supposed to be a “done in one week” form of progression for the vast majority of players. That’s why we have the 2/5/10 tiers underneath KSM.

A lot of players also don’t care about pushing KSM until the end of the season because it’s just a mount/achievement. I personally fit in that category, mainly because I’m too lazy to do a Sanguine Depths.

I dont see it as lazy.

I see it as being a completely rational person. No one wants to do Sanguine Depths. Unless they are psychopaths.

3 Likes